Pekin Duck Club!

Quote:
Not sure. What could go over a 8 foot enclosure and take 3 large Pekins and one Rouen? I have not been in their night enclosure yet but DH said he saw large scratches. I am still in shock, crying. I have one lone Khaki Campbell drake walking around in my back yard calling for his buddies. I am looking to rehome him as he is all by himself now. Not for food please.

My heart goes out to you my dear. I just can not imagine your pain. Here's a cyber hug and sending prayers up for your comfort
hugs.gif

Thank you Ren. I apppreciate that. I had a soft spot for my water fowl, especially the ducks. I think I need to get one or two of those life stock dogs.

Should I add a heat lamp to my outside pen? The duckd are 7 weeks old. Its supposed to be 50* and raining for the next week. Here is there pen.

This is before it was finished. It now has a steel roof top.

Should I add a heat lamp to my outside pen? The duckd are 7 weeks old. Its supposed to be 50* and raining for the next week. Here is there pen.

This is before it was finished. It now has a steel roof top.

As long as they're fully feathered you should not need a heat lamp. And a spot to get out of the rain. Mine love just sitting in the rain. Even with these low temps

U shld get another duckling. They are very social & tend to do better when there is more than 1 :).

After just a few days we wish we would have went all ducks they are way more entertaining than the chickens Howard is doing great with just the chicks but I REALY want another duck but sadly I am maxed out on poultry because I live inside the city limits.

maybe a wesel or a fox or maybe prob an owl but if i could i would buy the khaki campbell frake but you cant ship but if i were u i would go and buy some more ducklings now im pretty sure its the last week of chick days at tsc so if i were you i would get more asap im praying for you.

Keep a close watch on it, sure don't want her to lose her vision or infection to spread. Good idea to keep her from putting her face into dirty water right now. I use ACV about 2X a week in all my flocks drinking buckets it's help heal any problems and is also a good tonic, get the kind with the mother in it. Glad your seeing some improvement.

It's definitely starting to look better :)

Not sure. What could go over a 8 foot enclosure and take 3 large Pekins and one Rouen? I have not been in their night enclosure yet but DH said he saw large scratches. I am still in shock, crying. I have one lone Khaki Campbell drake walking around in my back yard calling for his buddies. I am looking to rehome him as he is all by himself now. Not for food please.

I'm so sorry :(. I'll be praying for you & your family!! I've seen dogs climb over fences. I'm not sure what else.

Back
Top Bottom