Pekin Duck Club!

I love this duck club... so many lovely photos of cute fuzzy yellow ducklings and beautiful adult ducks too.

Here are the latest photos of my 4. Now they are in their adult feathers I think... and I can tell I have 2 males and 2 females. One male is huge! I hope they will all get on in the future.. but if the males are too much for the girls I will re home one.

They were scared of the water at first... and it took several weeks before the became used to it... it was funny when they were gingerly swimming about and one of them would touch a leaf or twig with its food and freak out and they would all steam over to the bank and run out onto dry land quacking frantically like there was some sea monster in the water!

Now they love it.. I don't have to put them in the chicken coop at night because they simply all sleep floating bunched together in the middle of the pond all night. I also have a livestock guardian dog who will bark if anything unusual is about in the garden at night.... her photo at the bottom.. you can see she is super scary... and a lot smaller than the ducks too.

Last edited:
I love this duck club... so many lovely photos of cute fuzzy yellow ducklings and beautiful adult ducks too. Here are the latest photos of my 4. Now they are in their adult feathers I think... and I can tell I have 2 males and 2 females. One male is huge! I hope they will all get on in the future.. but if the males are too much for the girls I will re home one. They were scared of the water at first... and it took several weeks before the became used to it... it was funny when they were gingerly swimming about and one of them would touch a leaf or twig with its food and freak out and they would all steam over to the bank and run out onto dry land quacking frantically like there was some sea monster in the water! Now they love it.. I don't have to put them in the chicken coop at night because they simply all sleep floating bunched together in the middle of the pond all night. I also have a livestock guardian dog who will bark if anything unusual is about in the garden at night.... her photo at the bottom.. you can see she is super scary... and a lot smaller than the ducks too.
That's one scary guard dog!!!!!

my two ducks are named chuck the duck and bill. lol... they live with and around the 6 chickens i have and they are beginning to think they are chickens. the 6 chickens i have are red sexlinks and at the moment half the size of the ducks. btw if any of you have rasberry bushes well fear not the ducks and chickens will keep it in check. by eating the new shoots that come up all summer. question besides peas what would be a good treat for chuck and bill ?as well as the chickens martha, mary, steve, jackie, tater, tot?

7c9e7039f2076d3065082e838a7ffef7.jpg

Polka dot hen will be disappointed when her "chicks" want to swim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no.  Not good.  Your Pekin girl will not wanna be around them at all then.  I wouldn't if I were a duck.  But since Pekins are big ducks, how does their size compare to a pilgrim goose?
LOL me either! Adult pekins range from 8-11 lbs. And adult pilgrims range from 10-12 lbs. The size difference isn't too dramatic at least.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom