Pekin Duck Club!

The Epernix Pour on I ordered on line Our feed stores doesn't carry it. The Front line spray a vert would have. I made mine from a recipe a trusted member gave me but it has been about 3 yrs since I used it so I'll have to dig through my notes to find it.

im a new duck owner, is this bumble foot? What can I do for my poor little duck

im a new duck owner, is this bumble foot? What can I do for my poor little duck
It doesn't look like bumble foot to me, but it could develop into that if something in the environment doesn't improve. I adopted two adult ducks whose feet looked a lot like that when I got them. They were kept on hard packed earth all day, so it was hard on their feet. They looked a lot like that. You said you are new to ducks - did you raise these from babies, or did you just get her? Tell us a little more about her, and where she has been living.

They live here and I got them about 2 months ago, I was told they were hatched this past April.

I haven't noticed them limping at all
Their skin is very very dry and cracked

Last edited:

They live here and I got them about 2 months ago, I was told they were hatched this past April.

I bet their condition will improve with their new home. I wouldn't do anything just yet, but keep checking their feet and make sure it doesn't get worse. Do they have a pool? I just don't see any open water for them. That always helps improve the quality of their feathers and feet. HOw many ducks do you have? What breed are they?

Ok, now I see them!

What a great assortment of ducks! Normal duck skin looks and feels very dry. I don't see any unusual dryness on the foot you showed me. Do you have a picture of one of the feet that look dry to you? It wouldn't hurt them at all to rub some triple antibiotic cream without pain killers on their feet before bed, but I'm not sure it would help much either.

@freakshow5 , here are some pictures of my ducks feet when I adopted them. They were about 8 months old at the time, and weren't limping or showing any outward signs their feet were bothering them.

I was so worried about their feet, but another member here said they looked more like callouses than bumbles. I didn't provide any treatment, but now they are on grass all day. They still have the callouses, but they are smaller now than they were.

Back
Top Bottom