Pekin Duck Club!

I brought some of them up front to show you what is going on. Snowflake and hope or bread by same male I know there not pekin but I have pekins . I need your help so we don't keep these up. The rest of them or still in incubator I haven't brought them outside yet.

I brought some of them up front to show you what is going on. Snowflake and hope or bread by same male I know there not pekin but I have pekins . I need your help so we don't keep these up. The rest of them or still in incubator I haven't brought them outside yet.
OK got cha, well the one egg was definitely to old, but the two of them I can see veins and one with an embryo.

In the bator, have you tried candling? can you see movement, if some have been 30 days old, you may need to find the old one and get rid of them. If you are unsure of the date, then what I would do is candle them now, take notice of them, give them one week and candle again. Get rid of the ones that haven't changed... Because if some of them are like that one, it could go rotten and explode and ruin all the eggs. Don't want that. The ones that have FILLED up the egg and are really dark, I would smell it if no smell then give that one back to momma if she'll let you. Sometimes when you disturb the nest, they don't go back..

At these point I don't know what is what. I store eggs no later then 7 days prior. Then my friend takes them for her 11 children if I don't put them in the incubator or ducks at these point. I candle those quickly and only saw a dark spot. On today's. Yesterday's was bleeding and bad smell effting the son who has a hard time breathing .

Back
Top Bottom