Pekin Duck Club!

@Debs Flockand @Miss Lydia
The baby is great, he's huge, he's growing as fast as a duck. He has to go get a hernia surgery tomorrow. I was told its a simple procedure and actually pretty common but I'm still very nervous so lots of prayers, please!!!!! Ryleigh is a big help yet jealous as can be, she's regressing a bit, trying to act like a baby but I'm told she will get over it!

Last edited:
@Debs Flock and @Miss Lydia
The baby is great, he's huge, he's growing as fast as a duck. He has to go get a hernia surgery tomorrow. I was told its a simple procedure and actually pretty common but I'm still very nervous so lots of prayers, please!!!!! Ryleigh is a big help yet jealous as can be, she's regressing a bit, trying to act like a baby but I'm told she will get over it!

Prayers for baby! They're adorable!!

Hello! I'm new and would love to be added, the information I've read it by far the best I've seen. I have a question or two. I've got one pekin, not sure of gender, and she's is housed indoors with 6 chicks until the weather breaks. They have a nice big box, heat lamp, ect. I've only had them a week this sunday. Well this Sunday we are picking up our order of 6 mallards, 6 guineas, and possibly 4 turkey, and maybe pheasants. Thir box is plenty big enough for these new additions, and if anything we can expand it. Well my questions are, should I worry about and territorial issues with my pekin, and do you think I should quarantine them first. They are coming from a reliable clean mom and pop feed store that been around since before I was born. But, I'm very paranoid and just want them all to be healthy and safe.

The rule of thumb is any new bird or duck turkey poultry or any animal for that number should be house separately for 30 days not in same air space. Their old envirment is different from new envirment (possible disease illness on both sides of fence) then you house them together with a divider. To get to know each other for 30 days. Then you gradual introduction .sepervivised at first.

Back
Top Bottom