Pekin Duck Club!

do you give them meat? And like mashed potatoes ?sorry but I would like to be sure

One of my boys likes to eat cereal in the morning, milk and all. And I have a friend who's pekin house duck (RIP the duck, he lived 16 yrs) who ate pizza. But they had to take him to the vet to get him medicine because he couldn't handle the pizza anymore.

These are my two lovely Pekins, Riley (m) and LD (f). They are the most spoiled ducks and adore company

Hi! I have a male and a female Pekin duck. I just found a nest and saw that she was sitting on the eggs! Yay! But when they hatch should i separate them from the drake or will he not harm them?

Hi! I have a male and a female Pekin duck. I just found a nest and saw that she was sitting on the eggs! Yay! But when they hatch should i separate them from the drake or will he not harm them?

Well, there are ducks in the wild, and their still here so...
But to answer your question, you can leave them with mom. I bet she'd like that anyway. Just make sure she can have a separate resting place so if she wants to get away she can. I'd jut let nature do the rest. But CONGRATS ON YOUR PEKIN BABIES!!!

Well, there are ducks in the wild, and their still here so...
But to answer your question, you can leave them with mom. I bet she'd like that anyway. Just make sure she can have a separate resting place so if she wants to get away she can. I'd jut let nature do the rest. But CONGRATS ON YOUR PEKIN BABIES!!!

Yeah but what about leaving the dad with them? Will that be ok? I've never had ducks before these so I just don't know anything about them lol. I kinda inherited them bc my mother in law wouldn't take care of them after she got them a few years ago so we took them to a farm not knowing that we would actually be renting that house a few months later so they're mine now :)

From what I have read here, it depends on the ducks. I would be prepared to separate. Sometimes even duck moms, especially first-timers, can harm the ducklings.

Yeah but what about leaving the dad with them? Will that be ok? I've never had ducks before these so I just don't know anything about them lol. I kinda inherited them bc my mother in law wouldn't take care of them after she got them a few years ago so we took them to a farm not knowing that we would actually be renting that house a few months later so they're mine now :)

They should be fine with dad around, but you may want to seperate him once they hatch. If your pekin hatches her eggs don't take them away, let her mother them.

Back
Top Bottom