Pekin Duck Club!

One of the pekins I have was sitting in the water shivering today. We took him out of it. It looked like he was missing feathers they were so wet. Idk he/she was able to preen itself. I noticed that it is having a hard time walkinf. Its like... stepping on its own feet. And the other ducks arent really going by it. Its sleeping in the duck house alone.

Its so sad.
1f622.png
idk if I should bring it inside for a few days and nurse it, or let it be... its only about 8 wks old?

One of the pekins I have was sitting in the water shivering today. We took him out of it. It looked like he was missing feathers they were so wet. Idk he/she was able to preen itself. I noticed that it is having a hard time walkinf. Its like... stepping on its own feet. And the other ducks arent really going by it. Its sleeping in the duck house alone.

Its so sad.
1f622.png
idk if I should bring it inside for a few days and nurse it, or let it be... its only about 8 wks old?

That duck needs help. If you can get to a vet, please do so.

Bring him or her inside, be sure to keep the duckling warm enough - I would say around 60F or so, since it has caught a chill. Put some poultry vitamins in the drinking water. The duckling may have hypothermia - that can be dangerous, and cause other problems. So boosting the immune system and avoiding any kind of stress (including cold water).

I'm sure it's in this very long thread but just wanted to know the sex of my two pekin ducks. About 2 months old one quacks a lot the other one which is bigger and follows the quacker everywhere kinda just chirps or whistle I guess.

I'm sure it's in this very long thread but just wanted to know the sex of my two pekin ducks. About 2 months old one quacks a lot the other one which is bigger and follows the quacker everywhere kinda just chirps or whistle I guess.

Sounds like male and female :) you'll know for sure when the drake gets curly feathers on his tail. This is one of my pekin drakes. They are usually larger than females. CONGRATS ON YOUR DUCKIES!

I would let them soak in bathtub for 30 minutes with epic salt and Bragg apple cider vinager I do with mine. Not to much epic salt because it's a laxative .two handfuls at that. Two tablespoons of Bragg Apple cider vinegar make sure it's warm water and they have a warm spot to dry off.warm water. Enough to dunk there heads and submerge

We enjoyed a beautiful sunny day here in NoMi so while we cleaned out the duck enclosure we put them out on the grass for a while. They weren't sure what to do with the grass but seemed to like sunbathing and dealt quite well with life outside.

Still not really sure who's a duck and who's a drake.

Its so sad.
1f622.png

Be sure it is getting enough niacin, and keep it around 85* or so while it's not well.

Back
Top Bottom