Pekin Duck Club!

So I have 2 Pekin ducks 1 male 1 female, I just noticed about a week ago that there was an egg and I went to collect it. The next day there was another egg but when I went to collect it, it was gone. Today I went exploring and found the stash of eggs in a little house that I built for them. I was just wondering, is there a certain amount of eggs she will have before she sits on them? Will she sit on them? right now they are stuffed under a bunch of straw. Just curious.

The number of eggs varies. The lowest I've heard (before she started sitting) was 12 and the highest was about 30. You just never know whether they'll sit or not. I think her hiding them is a sign that she intends to sit, but I know sometimes they just lose interest. I don't know what the others signs are that would indicate if she's broody.

Good luck!

Does anyone have pics of a Muscovy Peking cross? My young stakes are obsessed with my Peking girls. Just packed two of them up to go to new homes but this beautiful boy

Is staying and I'm kinda curious what babies will look like?
He is beautiful! I have a Chocolate Pied Muscovy drake that prefers my two Pekin girls. I incubated some eggs from a community nest and two turned out to be Duck/Muscovy. They are both girls, no caruncling and they have the body of a Muscovy. I think their Mama was a Blue Swedish/KC. They are solid brown with the KC spceculum/wing bar.

OK Pekin people! I have a question about my couple! My Drake is giant compared to my duck... & I've always just thought it was normal.. like all Drake's were significantly bigger than ducks, but it's been brought to my attention that maybe they're not this much bigger! So with that being said.. Felix my Drake is between 13-15ish lbs & Flossy my duck is 4-6ish lbs! Is Felix a jumbo Pekin??? Or is Flossy just very petite??

(Flossy is healing from a dog accident)

Idk if you can quit see the actual size difference in these pictures.. but it's definitely there! Lol

Soooooooooooo.....my little buddies Duck Norris and Wesley Snipes have been a little forward with their people lately.... Noodling has turned into biting. Duck Norris has even been chasing after me when I walk away to bite my feet. Chicken/duck math tells me that the boys need girlfriends.
Luckily, I have a friend who has too many ducks. I would like a pekin female but she doesn't have any. I brought two over from her house yesterday. Blue Swedish and khaki girls. I'm going to bring two more girls over tomorrow. Hopefully 4 girls to 2 boys will be ok. DH SAYS I'M NOT ALLOWED ANY MORE...LOL!

OK Pekin people! I have a question about my couple! My Drake is giant compared to my duck... & I've always just thought it was normal.. like all Drake's were significantly bigger than ducks, but it's been brought to my attention that maybe they're not this much bigger! So with that being said.. Felix my Drake is between 13-15ish lbs & Flossy my duck is 4-6ish lbs! Is Felix a jumbo Pekin??? Or is Flossy just very petite??

(Flossy is healing from a dog accident)

Idk if you can quit see the actual size difference in these pictures.. but it's definitely there! Lol

I have a male Pekin and that's about how much he weighs. He's only 2-3 pounds heavier than my female Pekin. Is it possible Flossy is mixed or a different breed? I think there are a couple of other breeds that look similar to Pekins.

He is beautiful!  I have a Chocolate Pied Muscovy drake that prefers my two Pekin girls.  I incubated some eggs from a community nest and two turned out to be Duck/Muscovy.  They are both girls, no caruncling and they have the body of a Muscovy.  I think their Mama was a Blue Swedish/KC.  They are solid brown with the KC spceculum/wing bar.

Thanks! I'm totally in love with him. Thought he was a she too but definitely not. Now that the other boys are gone Chatty and Kathy are with him all of the time. I actually got to see a mixed girl today and she's gorgeous. They babies wouldn't be fertile correct?

Back
Top Bottom