Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Just got off phone with penn state. They are going to check birds and they want a couple pounds of food.

This is a good thing...and if I may suggest, while things are still (unfortunately) fresh in your mind... you should sit down and write out a timeline of what happened.
Start with when and where you got the bag of food...find the receipt and make sure it is kept in a safe location.
Include when you fed the birds and how they were being housed at the time (include that you were careful to check for correct temperatures)
Then list the time you provided them the food and the time you first started seeing symptoms and how the situation progressed.

This may seem difficult and maybe not needed but if the 'wheels of business' move as slow as they are sometimes prone to do it will help in 2 weeks or 2 months to have it written down. I know you will never forget what happened but small details can become fuzzy in an amazingly short time.

This is a good thing...and if I may suggest, while things are still (unfortunately) fresh in your mind... you should sit down and write out a timeline of what happened.
Start with when and where you got the bag of food...find the receipt and make sure it is kept in a safe location.
Include when you fed the birds and how they were being housed at the time (include that you were careful to check for correct temperatures)
Then list the time you provided them the food and the time you first started seeing symptoms and how the situation progressed.

This may seem difficult and maybe not needed but if the 'wheels of business' move as slow as they are sometimes prone to do it will help in 2 weeks or 2 months to have it written down. I know you will never forget what happened but small details can become fuzzy in an amazingly short time.

Ill do that. Hoping I can find receipt but I used my card.

Its from Tractor supply the dumor 24% starter. I will get it tested. I just don't know what else it could be. My kids are so sad. Im so sad. Lost most of our favorites from the standards. Going to call tractor supply in morning. Normally get it from feed store but didn't have time today.

I actually just got a bad bag of Nutrena Chick starter/grower from them on Weds night and had to take it back for exchange. Thank goodness I smelled it right away when I opened it and didn't feed it to anyone.
somad.gif

I would probably save that bag somewhere safe until you get everything settled with TSC and/or Dumor. Not sure what a safe way to store it would be, but maybe within several layers of heavy duty trash bag, sealed and kept well away from human and animal feed? Otherwise, if you're going to toss it, I would take it straight to a municipal waste dump or some such place.

I would probably save that bag somewhere safe until you get everything settled with TSC and/or Dumor. Not sure what a safe way to store it would be, but maybe within several layers of heavy duty trash bag, sealed and kept well away from human and animal feed? Otherwise, if you're going to toss it, I would take it straight to a municipal waste dump or some such place.

I wrapped up the bag but I also have a 5 gallon bucket fermenting that I have to deal with. Going to toss bucket too. Maybe I'll just drop it off

Yoopergirl, I am so sorry for all that you are going through! I am brand new to the BYC community and raising chickens but no one should have to go through what you are! I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Long time reader, first time (or close to) poster checking in from Lehigh Valley (Allentown). We have a small flock. Previously we bought started pullets, this time we went with day old chicks that are now 4 weeks old. Looking forward to getting them outdoors!

Back
Top Bottom