Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I'm located in PA near Reading and I prefer to go locally. I haven't had a high hatch rate with shipped eggs. I want to get Svart hona eggs,but any other breed would do as well.

there's a woman in Bally named Angela who I know is hatching svart hona but I'm not sure if she's breeding yet or will be next year. Her facebook page is "The good egg". If not, D.A.M. Good poultry (also have a FB page) in quakertown is breeding fibro melanistic Easter eggers using svart hona as a base, so if you just like the look of that type of bird, then that would be a great alternative. But definitely check out Dheltzel's projects if you like uncommon breeds, he has some cool stuff going

At least someone is happy in this weather. Sorry about the jinx, Bull -hope you’re not hurt.

View attachment 1286900 View attachment 1286901

Gosh, your dogs are so cute Blarney! About the same here, didn't get nearly as much as they said but it's wet and heavy snow, such a pain

Baby Double Silver Laced Barnevelder. Dennis, are your Partridge P's about the same age? Any Lavender Amerucaunas ready to go yet? Legbars?

Attachments

• jeremy and barnvelder 3.18.jpg
    jeremy and barnvelder 3.18.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 3
there's a woman in Bally named Angela who I know is hatching svart hona but I'm not sure if she's breeding yet or will be next year. Her facebook page is "The good egg". If not, D.A.M. Good poultry (also have a FB page) in quakertown is breeding fibro melanistic Easter eggers using svart hona as a base, so if you just like the look of that type of bird, then that would be a great alternative. But definitely check out Dheltzel's projects if you like uncommon breeds, he has some cool stuff going

Thank you.I'll look into both of those.

After 5 days without power/running water/heat, we finally got it back late last night. :bow

We had a massive pine tree come down on top of wires between our house and my fiancée's parent's house on Friday afternoon. It wasn't fully down, it was still being held up at a 45 degree angle by the wires. We're on a well, so no running water. Our pellet stove is electric, so no heat. All the stores in our area were sold out of generators and didn't have heaters in stock anymore since "it's spring". My fiancée found someone in Quakertown who was selling a brand new kerosene heater so we drove out to pick that up, so at least we had heat. Our house was so cold the one night I could see my breath.

I reported our outage several times, PPL couldn't make it out, then showed up Monday, realized the wires were still live and how bad the situation was, caution taped off our yard (which we had been walking through to get to parent's - no other way). We had to stress the fact that my fiancée's sister lives there and she's 9 months pregnant and due any day (she gave birth on Tuesday evening to my sweet, healthy godson :)) only then did they setup temporary emergency power. We were very worried with the extreme weather reports for yesterday - 8-12"?! Thankfully, we only got about 4". Tree company and power company showed up in a full squad to do amazing work yesterday during the snow. Friends and coworkers offered us their homes for showering, laundry, battery charging and meals. Very thankful for that.

We were so unprepared for this, because whenever we lose power it's usually never for that long. I was so worried alone watching the wind gusts on Friday, worried about a tree falling on the house or the chicken coop that I didn't think to fill the bathtub with water. But now, I have a list of things to get or have ready for next time. Looking into a manual well pump, a generator and solar panels or small solar devices.

Of course our chickens are totally unfazed, with the exception of the scary cold white stuff being back! :gig

Hope everyone is well, warm and safe!

After 5 days without power/running water/heat, we finally got it back late last night. :bow

We had a massive pine tree come down on top of wires between our house and my fiancée's parent's house on Friday afternoon. It wasn't fully down, it was still being held up at a 45 degree angle by the wires. We're on a well, so no running water. Our pellet stove is electric, so no heat. All the stores in our area were sold out of generators and didn't have heaters in stock anymore since "it's spring". My fiancée found someone in Quakertown who was selling a brand new kerosene heater so we drove out to pick that up, so at least we had heat. Our house was so cold the one night I could see my breath.

I reported our outage several times, PPL couldn't make it out, then showed up Monday, realized the wires were still live and how bad the situation was, caution taped off our yard (which we had been walking through to get to parent's - no other way). We had to stress the fact that my fiancée's sister lives there and she's 9 months pregnant and due any day (she gave birth on Tuesday evening to my sweet, healthy godson :)) only then did they setup temporary emergency power. We were very worried with the extreme weather reports for yesterday - 8-12"?! Thankfully, we only got about 4". Tree company and power company showed up in a full squad to do amazing work yesterday during the snow. Friends and coworkers offered us their homes for showering, laundry, battery charging and meals. Very thankful for that.

We were so unprepared for this, because whenever we lose power it's usually never for that long. I was so worried alone watching the wind gusts on Friday, worried about a tree falling on the house or the chicken coop that I didn't think to fill the bathtub with water. But now, I have a list of things to get or have ready for next time. Looking into a manual well pump, a generator and solar panels or small solar devices.

Of course our chickens are totally unfazed, with the exception of the scary cold white stuff being back! :gig

Hope everyone is well, warm and safe!

So sorry to hear you were without! If you ever get stuck again, we are near you and would be glad to help. Sounds like you have a good support system there however.

We were so thankful for the wonderful home we purchased. It came with a propane automatic generator, and a fireplace. So we are covered if something happened and we are out for a little bit. We have since installed a propane stove as well so we could cook also. With the egg making machines in the backyard, we have a constant supply of good food also.

Oh heaven help me. I called my local TSC and thy said they have red rangers for 50% off because they are 3-4 weeks old. Straight run, but I should be able to sex some of them at this age. I am thinking of raising a bunch and selling them as ready to lay pullets...

:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

I was calling about Silkies. she said they did have some "in the back" because they didn't have room out front yet. But of course, they can still be purchased. Someone come take my money away before I spend it all on chicks. Of course I am low on scratch, so I HAVE to go soon. LOL!

:wee

Back
Top Bottom