Pet Peeves

Pics
Deepest apologies princess, no insult was intended.
*curtsy*

Honestly though, I wish I had a bit more of that going for me. I always start out with a list, but tend to loose it somewhere between my kitchen and the store about 40% of the time.
Thats why I usually put it into my phone. I lose paper lists, or my pen, or both, more often than not. It's very rare I leave my house without my phone though, and I'd never leave it tin the car (it's Phoenix, it would melt in summer or some a$$hat would smash the window and steal it). So if it's in my notes app, at least the list makes it to the store with me :)

I'ma leave the princess part alone. :p

Thats why I usually put it into my phone. I lose paper lists, or my pen, or both, more often than not. It's very rare I leave my house without my phone though, and I'd never leave it tin the car (it's Phoenix, it would melt in summer or some a$$hat would smash the window and steal it). So if it's in my notes app, at least the list makes it to the store with me :)

I just walk the aisles until I see what I need, normally I spend more but oh well🤣🤣

Because 'just a can of peas' doesn't float.
It's a grand insult of grand porportions which proves you hate me and my family if you got the one with onions instead of bacon. Better to verify. :rolleyes:
Tisk Tisk. Some people have to call home, because peas come in cans of salted peas. unsalted peas, peas with pearl onions and peas with mushrooms. GREEN BEANS come in cans with BACON, among other things. Peas don't come in cans with bacon.
So if you can't find the PEAS and BACON, it is best to call home, as you are looking for the wrong thing. :lau:lau:gig

:old but I like paper!
(and, apparently, running out for spaghetti fixin's and coming home with bogo dryer sheets and a pineapple)

Tisk Tisk. Some people have to call home, because peas come in cans of salted peas. unsalted peas, peas with pearl onions and peas with mushrooms. GREEN BEANS come in cans with BACON, among other things. Peas don't come in cans with bacon.
So if you can't find the PEAS and BACON, it is best to call home, as you are looking for the wrong thing. :lau:lau:gig
Oh. Your up. (Busted) :confused:

I work as a school psychologist. My job is primarily early intervention and assessment of students with suspected disabilities. I go over important information that guides the services students will receive in school. I find it utterly intolerable when people (staff and parents) come into the meeting and put their phones on the meeting table.

In my mind, the message it sends is, "This meeting and information is not important enough to me that I wouldn't be willing to take a phone call or answer text messages. I can't be bothered to leave my phone on silent and in my pocket for 30-60 minutes."

I have the same reaction to staff pulling out their laptops to work on things completely unrelated to what we are discussing. If you can't even passively engage with what we are discussing/sharing, then get out. This is a child's future.
On Sundays, after Mass my Mother ofter treated the family to lunch at a restaurant. DD was told that if she took her phone out at the dinner table she would have to give it to me, to keep for a week. My feeling is that it is rude in and of it self as well as the fact that the family was all together to enjoy each other (and my Mother was paying the bill). She knew I meant it too.

Pet Peeve:
Someone constantly clearing their throat while on the phone.

Just get a drink of water already.
My aunt once said that whenever she went to visit her in-laws (My grandparents), She felt like she was at a Throat Clearing Convention. :lau
My dad, my uncle, and my grandfather were all previous smokers, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

A pet peeve is "something a particular person finds especially annoying".

Do you have a pet peeve? Or perhaps more than one?
Ones I'm most interested in hearing are the ones that wouldn't necessarily annoy a lot of people but is something that drives you nuts.
Share what it is and the reason (if you have one) behind it.
The assumption that everyone wants Cilantro in their tacos.

Back
Top Bottom