Pet Peeves

A lot of people paying big money for dogs want to see it because of crooked people.

I've been out of the dog world for a long time, but it got to be that so many people were hanging papers and screwing other people over, that it became common practice to prove ties with photos. By very reputable breeders.
Minor pet peeve... people paying big bucks for a fashion or pure bred dog. There are SO many puppies and adult dogs in need of a home. Speaking of which.. this weekend going to the local no kill shelter to pick out a new family member. I'd rather pay a rehoming fee than thousands of dollars for an inbred dog.

Minor pet peeve... people paying big bucks for a fashion or pure bred dog. There are SO many puppies and adult dogs in need of a home. Speaking of which.. this weekend going to the local no kill shelter to pick out a new family member. I'd rather pay a rehoming fee than thousands of dollars for an inbred dog.
Awwww! You have to show us pictures!!!

To each their own. Shelter dogs aren't for everyone and I won't condemn someone wanting a purebred papered dog. I'm all for rescuing, but in most situations you have no clue what that dog's background is as far as baggage and health. I've had one rescue dog that was a good dog.

For the last... hmm.. 10 years now I think?.. My sister has been adopting seniors to give them a soft place to land. None of them last more than a few years max, but they get Veterinary care, a Warm bed, walkies and treats and everything else they could ever want. If I had the money and didn't have young kids - I'd do that too.

ETA: "Designer dogs" are a huge pet peeve of mine.

Last edited:
Have you seen what they're doing with "Bully Pits"?
Now they've found a way to breed breathing problems and all the other Bulldog issues into an otherwise fine dog. The money they charge for them is insane.
The bully world was my world. So unfortunately I'm very familiar with it. When Toadline made exotic bullies a trend, I stepped away. My XXLs were no longer desirable and a lot of the OG greats quit breeding and sold off their dogs. Made me sick.

I don't use my local library because they charge $35 for a library card. I've lived in literally dozens of towns and NEVER had to pay a fee to use a library; what's up with this?
That’s crazy. Are you in the same county as it? If not that’s probably why. Otherwise it’s probably become a private library. That’s happening in some places. Organizations buying out the local public libraries.

Pet peeve of mine, when people condemn or look down on other people for wanting a pure bred dog. I want what I want, you want what you want. I don't judge you, don't judge me

Back
Top Bottom