Pet Peeves

My ad for selling chicks or duckling clearly states 'unsexed'. Still get responses saying they want "girl chicks/ducklings' only. :he
Also wonder if other have refused to sell to someone. Had a buyer show up but during chat learned they didn't have appropriate food, housing or heat source, so I cancelled sale.
I've refused to sell rabbits and tortoises to people who are clearly unprepared. My least favorite are the "we're getting this as a first pet for our 3 year old to teach them responsibility." Becuse I feel bad for the kids that their parents are so colossally ignorant that they'd think it was OK to give either of those types of animal to a child who can't possibly understand how to care for it.

Here is the perfect gift for a 3 year old. A newly minted queen.

96C1D83F-1E0C-4FBB-BEBF-64240138BADE.jpeg

What could go wrong, they are so small and cuddly.

If you schedule me for a 7 AM interview overnight, and then start messaging me at 7:01 demanding to know why I'm not at the meeting, you're gonna get tazed. This is why I block my calendar before 8 AM.
I see you there Mac. This is our Europe HR, who never bother to check calendars and are 9 hours ahead.

Choco-wit chips! Scutterbotch chips! Mint chips! Yeah. Who wouldn’t…..
View attachment 3173086
I have this wire shelving thingy, in a closet, that's in the utility/laundry room, just something to store a few things to grab quick, like the tape & big tape dispenser, a few oddball items. So, on the bottom shelf of this thing, I had my "mouse" stuff. A nearly empty jar of peanut butter, a zip lock baggie with some Cockatiel seed, another baggie with peanuts, a baggie with a Reeses cup & chocolate, another with cheese & peanut butter crackers, another with some fruit flavored Zupreem pellets (sort of resembles Fruit Loops at 1st glance).

When my sweetheart moved in with me, he asked me if I was hiding snacks from him. I said no. He said, oh yes you are, but I found your stash!! I heard him crunching away & turned to see him munching on the mouse food, the stuff I use to bait traps. I said, oh yeah, I see you found "something" munchable, but tell me, how does it taste? A bit stale maybe? He said now that I mentioned it, yup, it's kinda stale. When I told him "who" those munchies were really for, he spat out the stale snacks mighty fast. 😆 🤣 😂

He doesn't automatically start eating anything he finds anymore, either.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom