Pet Peeves

If you know a lot about the proper care, health and psychology of dogs, you're a 'good dog owner and maybe you should look into Veterinary School'.
If you know a lot about the proper care, health and psychology of horses, you're a 'good horse owner and maybe you should look into Veterinary School'.
If you know a lot about the proper care, health and psychology of poultry, you're a 'crazy chicken lady' or 'obsessed'.
What's with the double standard? Why does the health and well being of MY birds not have the same value to be even taken seriously?
Psychology. It's the "pets vs food" line break. People think sick dogs and horses need vet care, but sick chickens need freezer camp.

Doesn't make them right, but it's a lot of why you get those answers.

Not sure on cats. I think "crazy cat lady" is a different psychology.

Psychology. It's the "pets vs food" line break. People think sick dogs and horses need vet care, but sick chickens need freezer camp.

Doesn't make them right, but it's a lot of why you get those answers.

Not sure on cats. I think "crazy cat lady" is a different psychology.
Completely different, more like a stereotype. I've heard 'osses are tasty when prepared properly...

Definitely the night before for you. I think I will start taking it down the night before as well.
Nope, we might have midnight marauders such as raccoons and their ilk get into it if we did that. We get it all ready the night before in a large trash can in the well house, and when DH is ready to head out for work in the morning he puts it in the outside dumpster. Just after he drives away, the trash truck comes and gets it.

We're out in the country, so there are all kinds of critters that want our trash. We only have a bag every now and then. I put the bag on top of the neighbor's dumpster. So far (knock on wood), that has worked.

We have to put ours out Sunday night. They come early on Monday morning.

Back
Top Bottom