(PICS) my chickens had so much fun today

chickachickawhat

Songster
11 Years
Mar 16, 2008
hartford county ct
my mom and i were washing her car today. one chicken saw the water of the hose so they all came running and were playing in the water they look like little kids.

here are some pics of them free ranging and my coop

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Last edited:
Oh they look like they had so much fun!!!
what breed are they? There beautiful!! And your coop is perfect-looking!!
mnm
cool.png

six rhode island reds they love the water. there is three younger ones and three older ones. and thank we just completely finished the coop. but my mom is mad because she wants to expand the run witch i said needed to be bigger before we started. im going to expand it a bunch. cause my coop can hold 25.

Ok - love the pictures ... they are obviously having a great time.

I do have a question though... are you positive they are all RIR? I have a Red Sex-link (and RIR) and my Sex-link looks just like yours that have the white 'collar' around their necks. Now, I'm curious about mine?

im not sure chirpy. the farm i bought them from said they were rhode islands reds but im not sure if you look at the sixth picture you see a darker one in the back with out a white collar then the front on has a white collar and is lighter so i dont know. anyone else have any intake on this?

I am pretty sure all of them are red sex-links, rhode island reds should be a uniform dark burgandy color, any white on collar or tail is a pretty sure sign of a sexlink

That's funny! My nephew's chickens love to be sprayed on a hot day! It has not been hot enough here to do that to mine yet. It must have been warm there!

Thanks for sharing the great pics! Your chickens are beautiful and your coop is very nice!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom