Victoria Australia
These are the three that hatched out of ten eggs. Hope you like them:

DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2020.jpg

DSCF2019.jpg

DSCF2018.jpg

Tony

Australia

Hi What breeds are they. They are very cute.
jumpy.gif
I had 2 hatch out of 6 eggs but its abit late in the year here in New Zealand. Thats my excuse anyway.

I havn't a clue what breads; I got given the eggs by a friend of a friend. Where abouts in NZ are you. We are in East Victoria. It's still warm here: 34 today and muggy.

Tony

Hi We are in Christchurch on the South Island. It has been warm here today about 24oC. But then it can drop to around 16 some days. The two I hatched were free range eggs I bought from the side of the road just to see what happened. They are 2 black chicks and I'm pretty sure they are Polish chickens an one has a vault on the top of its head, which I thought they was something wrong until someone on this site told me otherwise. The other one has now developed something called crook neck, it seems to be getting a bit better but not sure how its future will turn out. I have now been back and bought 10 more eggs they are all different kinds so not sure what the chicks will be, they have been in the incubator for three days, It gets a bit addictive doesn't it. I have a five year old son that is loving it, they are kept in his bedroom away from the cat.
Enjoy your chicks:)

Chickie-

My husband and I will be visiting New Zealand (and specifically, flying into Christchurch) in July and August. Maybe we can organize an international chicken keeper's party!

We live in Montana, USA and we'd love to meet some "real" kiwis instead of just other tourists- I was a student on exchange to Otago about 10 years ago and I remember NZ with huge fondness!

I am raising 1 RIR, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 SL Wyandottes, 2 Black Crested Polish and an Ameraucana. They are hilarious! Best of luck with your chicks/chooks.

-MTchick

Hi I'm not a real kiwi. I came over from England in November I am hoping to stay as my parents are residents and live here. My ticket runs out 12 May and i'd love to stay but its not looking promising at the moment. Its a great country. If I have to go back to England I will come back after six months and try again. It means I get two years of summer altogether though. The Kiwi's are all really nice I'm sure youl'e get to meet lots on your visit.

Back
Top Bottom