Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Slate on The Fort

For people who do not know, we had a bad thunderstorm come through last year and it knocked down two trees on top of each other in the backyard. Since then, the Backyard Flock has used "The Fort" (as I named it) as a hide-out in case they see aerial predators, to lay their eggs the hidden locations or to simply rest and bathe in the dirt. They enjoy having it there and here is a picture of my Cochin Bantam rooster, Slate, on top of The Fort!
20240428_065408.jpg

Slate on The Fort

For people who do not know, we had a bad thunderstorm come through last year and it knocked down two trees on top of each other in the backyard. Since then, the Backyard Flock has used "The Fort" (as I named it) as a hide-out in case they see aerial predators, to lay their eggs the hidden locations or to simply rest and bathe in the dirt. They enjoy having it there and here is a picture of my Cochin Bantam rooster, Slate, on top of The Fort!
View attachment 3814763
He's a doll. I love the cochin body shape.

He's a doll. I love the cochin body shape.
Me too, they are one of my favorite bantam breeds! So round, fluffy and cute! The best combination. And I love their personality too, Cochins are supposed to be really calm and docile but I can't say so much with Slate. That is a compliment, though. I really like how he thinks he is tough with dancing at me. Slate better be glad that he has a deformed leg because if I weren't afraid to hurt him then I would be showing some dominance back! LOL. Instead I just hug him as punishment.

Back
Top Bottom