Not open for further replies.
Pics

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
Here is my flock! I have 10 chickens (7 silkies and 3 polish). Feel free to ask questions!

20200916_073027_HDR.jpg

PIPPIN
bought her and her sister (Fries) as PoL hens in Setember 2020. They were my first chickens!
She is the toughest, biggest hen I have. She is a Mamma of 3 chicks (you'll hear about them later). She doesn't lay many eggs since she goes broody very frequently, then I finally let her sit on some eggs! She may look tough but she is very docile and sweet. She doesn't really like being picked up, but she enjoys being touched and hand-fed. Pippin loves to eat, especially italian food!

Favourite thing: Chicks!

IMG-20210405-WA0006.jpg

FRIES
She is Pippin's sister. She is very gentle and docile (but just like Pippin, she doesn't like cuddles). She has only gone broody once. She is very kind to other chickens (as long as they know who's boss!). She helps Pippin look after her chicks by protecting them.

Favourite thing: being the boss

IMG-20210628-WA0011.jpg

PICKLES
Pickes is the most hilarious little rooster I've ever met! I hatched him, his brother and and his sister in March 2021. He is very tame and friendly. He loves to eat, and eat, and eat. He likes to take food from the others too!

Favourite thing: stuffing his face with food

20210711_102027_resized.jpg

KIWI (BIG K)
Kiwi has always been so special to me. He is very sweet and tame. He is crowing now which is annoying- when I tell him to be quiet, he stares at me and crows again. I think he's a bit blind. He loves to sit on my lap and get cuddled (on his own accord). I hope I can keep him but idk yet. I love to play with his wattles and comb (squishy squashy) and he doesn't mind.

Favourite thing: crowing & lap-naps

IMG-20210708-WA0027~2.jpg

BLUE
She was a helped hatch a day after her siblings. As a chick, she then developed a few heath problems like: splayed leg, pasty butt and curled toe. She was so weak, I didn't expect her to survive. But she did. She is such an amazing girl! She is friends with everyone in the flock, even new arrivals! She will probably start laying soon! She is Pippin's little assistant, she sleeps with Pippin (sometimes sits on a few chicks too) and follows Pippin around.

Favourite thing: Helping Pippin

20210617_075820_HDR.jpg

CLOVER, BASIL AND DARWIN
Pippin's new chicks that hatched on the 7-8th of June. Darwin is a buff frizzle, Basil is a white frizzle and Clover is a white smooth. Since they are bantams, they can fly really well! It amazes me how high they can jump, and they only get higher as they grow! Even though they were hatched by Pippin, they are still very friendly towards me!

Favourite thing: flying to very high places

20210623_162207_HDR.jpg

RAVEN

I only got her last Wednesday but I already love her. She is a bit of a mystery to me, I have no idea about her age!

Favourite thing: running & cuddles

20210624_170304_HDR.jpg

GINGER

I got her the day after I got RAVEN, to give her some company. Ginger was bullied a bit. But now she's better. She loves cuddles. I have no idea about her age. I love her colour, I call it Bluff (blue-buff). She follows me around and runs to me when called.

Favourite thing: attention

Hope you like them! You have met my flock, now find out where they live! (it has been upgraded since I made this)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-coop-run.1469740/#post-24484256

Attachments

• 20210518_075121_HDR.jpg
    20210518_075121_HDR.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-20210622-WA0014.jpeg
    IMG-20210622-WA0014.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Here is my flock! I have 10 chickens (7 silkies and 3 polish). Feel free to ask questions!

View attachment 2738345
PIPPIN
I bought her and her sister (Fries) as PoL hens in Setember 2020. They were my first chickens!
She is the toughest, biggest hen I have. She is a Mamma of 3 chicks (you'll hear about them later). She doesn't lay many eggs since she goes broody very frequently, then I finally let her sit on some eggs! She may look tough but she is very docile and sweet. She doesn't really like being picked up, but she enjoys being touched and hand-fed. Pippin loves to eat, especially italian food!

View attachment 2738346
FRIES
She is Pippin's sister. She is very gentle and docile (but just like Pippin, she doesn't like cuddles). She has only gone broody once. She is very kind to other chickens (as long as they know who's boss!). She helps Pippin look after her chicks.

View attachment 2738350
PICKLES
Pickes is the most hilarious little rooster I've ever met! I hatched him, his brother and and his sister in March 2021. He is very tame and friendly. He loves to eat, and eat, and eat. He likes to take food from the others too!

View attachment 2738358
KIWI (BIG K)
Kiwi has always been so special to me. He is very sweet and tame. He is crowing now. I think he's a bit blind. He loves to sit on my lap and get cuddled. I hope I can keep him but idk yet.

View attachment 2738418
BLUE
She was a helped hatch a day after her siblings. As a chick, she then developed a few heath problems like: splayed leg, pasty butt and curled toe. She was so weak, I didn't expect her to survive. But she did. She is such an amazing girl! She is friends with everyone in the flock, even new arrivals! She will probably start laying soon!

View attachment 2738430
CLOVER, BASIL AND DARWIN
Pippin's new chicks that hatched 3 weeks ago. Darwin is a buff frizzle, Basil is a white frizzle and Clover is a white smooth. Since they are bantams, they can fly really well! It amazes me how high they can jump, and they only get higher as they grow! Even though they were hatched by Pippin, they are still very friendly towards me!

View attachment 2738434
RAVEN

I only got her last Wednesday but I already love her. She is a bit of a mystery to me, I have no idea about her age!

View attachment 2738443
GINGER

I got her the day after I got RAVEN, to give her some company. Ginger was bullied a bit. But now she's better. She loves cuddles. I have no idea about her age. I love her colour, I call it Bluff (blue-buff).

Hope you like them!
Love their names!:love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom