Pips! I have pips!(4/12 new pics of babies outside!)

Oh, we can try and keep each other from going crazy then! My kids are going to freak when they get home from school. They love their geese and are just dying for the goslings to arrive.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

LOL Like a kid waiting for Santa!!

I'm going outside to check the nests because a little birdie told me that Kasper is in the nest with Karessa and won't let anyone near it. I think their eggs have hatched! So I'm going to brave the beasts, with camera in hand, to see!

If I don't come back....they got the best of me....wish me luck! ROFL!!

Laurie

Oh, I hope you have babies Laurie!

I have a third peep and a fourth that is rolling like crazy. All four that seem to be hatching were shipped eggs. That means 100% fertility and development on shipped eggs! These are Pilgrims from greenfamilyfarms if anyone is wondering.

Sadly, I only have one of my African eggs still in thae bator and nothing yet. Fortunately, I have 10 African eggs sitting under my broody geese.

Come on babies! I now have 15 Sebbie babies (including the one that hatched in Karessa's nest). They're so darn cute, it should be illegal! LOL

You should see it when I take the other 14 outside! It's hilarious!

Remember pics, pics, pics when the babies are here!!

Laurie

So far I have a boy and a girl drying in the incubator. The girl is Truffle and the boy is Schnitzel. The third pip has made no progress and two eggs haven't pipped. But yesterday was just day 28, so I'll try and be patient.

Pictures will follow when they're dry and fluffy.

I have four shipped brown chinese eggs on day 27, and am having a hard time sleeping. I want to check every three seconds, even though it will probably still be a few days. I have no idea what Chinese usually hatch at. Ugh!

Congrats on all those babies. It was reading your thread that made me decide a whole gaggle of geese could be really fun. I already had a pair of American Blues and one lone Embden. This weekend I received a pair of Embden and French Toulouse goslings. I have the 4 chinese eggs in the bator. And last night my friend had a lavender american hatch. MINE MINE MINE MINE (think seagulls from Finding Nemo). I think I've got goose fever.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom