Please Help! - Bloody Droppings

AvocadoAbi

Songster
Jul 3, 2021
Hi y'all!
So I was in the coop this afternoon and I noticed a bloody dropping inside the coop.
My first thought was that it must be an oopsie, but then I also realized it could be coccidiosis or lead poisoning?
The flock seems fine; they're all behaving normally, however they haven't laid for a few days but I figured that was because it's been super cold and rainy over here.
Also, a few days ago, they were fed a little bit of sweet potato...maybe that's why the dropping was colored?
I know I should probably just keep an eye on it, but I would love any advice on how to fix this!!!
😉

Love your blog! Definitely keep an eye on it, Corid if you think it's coccidiosis. Could be food-related - my chickens get reddish poop when they eat tomatoes. It might just be nothing.

Maybe take a look at this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/bloody-poop.948369/

Good luck!
Awww thank you so much!!! I always love when people take time to read my blog! 🤗
And thanks for all the information! If the bloody droppings keep happening, how long should I wait before I start a treatment?

Hi y'all!
So I was in the coop this afternoon and I noticed a bloody dropping inside the coop.
My first thought was that it must be an oopsie, but then I also realized it could be coccidiosis or lead poisoning?
The flock seems fine; they're all behaving normally, however they haven't laid for a few days but I figured that was because it's been super cold and rainy over here.
Also, a few days ago, they were fed a little bit of sweet potato...maybe that's why the dropping was colored?
I know I should probably just keep an eye on it, but I would love any advice on how to fix this!!!
😉
Can you post some photos of the poop?
How old are they?

Can you post some photos of the poop?
How old are they?
They are a year and 6 months old.
Here is a picture:
IMG-3360.jpg

I went and checked this morning and this is the only dropping I could find; it seems like there was only one.

Back
Top Bottom