Please help, injured duck foot

Collinska

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
Arkansas
Hi everyone, I have an adult pekin drake who is an indoor/outdoor pet. He is my baby boy and totally babied so I am very worried. He comes inside at night and stays in the largest rubbermaid tote I’ve ever seen since we have a problem around here with raccoons and stuff and don’t want him eaten. Last night around 4:30am he jumped out of his tote which he’s never done before, I heard a rustling in our living room and went to check it out. All I saw was him leaving super bright red blood when he was following me around. No limping that I’ve noticed so far and the bleeding stopped on it’s own, he still has all his toenails. I’m just worried that he will get some kind of infection or bumble foot. I’m still fumbling my way around ducks and learning as I go so I’d really appreciate the help from this amazing BYC family. I’m thinking maybe put some type of antibiotic cream on it but I don’t know how to wrap a duck foot, is that even necessary?
Thanks,
Kaelan & Tweety 🐤

Here is a mediocre picture, not sure if this will be helpful.
I think it’s only the one toe on the left foot
98FDD9D0-1C89-43C0-AFB6-21DA254FF27F.jpeg

It appears the extent of his injuries is limited to his left toe, on his right foot; it looks as if maybe he scratched it on something. It will presumably heal on its own without any intervention, but you may apply an antibacterial ointment to help prevent any sort of infection in the toe.

It appears the extent of his injuries is limited to his left toe, on his left toe; it looks as if maybe he scratched it on something. It will presumably heal on its own without any intervention, but you may apply an antibacterial ointment to help prevent any sort of infection in the toe.
Sorry Isaac, I must have been tying the same time you were.

Back
Top Bottom