Please, help me... trying get broody hen to adopt chicks

So good to hear about the perfect outcome!
Buffy and her chicks are beautiful. That's quite a collection of breeds you get there! Maybe there will be a roo too, so that Buffy can hatch her own chicks next year?

Sounds like it went fantastic!! :celebrate

Your babes and mom are so cute! :love

No more scratch. :old It's like a candy bar and she needs nutrition. Maybe some peas or other snacks that are high in protein. It's the amino acids in the protein that matters. :cool:

Your Marans shouldn't have any feathers on it's middle toe. And the CCL is likely the one with the wider/darker stripe. :pop

This comment is so wonderful- thank you!
I read this Sunday and haven't had a chance to comment until now.
Yep, stopped the scratch like you said. She's eating the chick food well now and teaching her chickies. (When she was sitting on eggs, scratch was the only thing I could get her to eat.)

Thanks for advice on my Welsummer and Cream Legbar.
Weird thing though, both chicks with feathered legs have feathers on their middle toes...humm....?
Maybe Buff will let me take pictures of them...

So good to hear about the perfect outcome!
Buffy and her chicks are beautiful. That's quite a collection of breeds you get there! Maybe there will be a roo too, so that Buffy can hatch her own chicks next year?
Thanks! Actually, one of the two lavender Orpingtons should be male. So, I'm in the process of doing a lot of reading.
Hoping all these breeds/personalities work well together :D.

Back
Top Bottom