Please Help Quick!!!

@Mika0730 I just want to say thank you for being a good owner and asking for help with caring for your chick. And for answering our many questions. :thumbsup

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it.... But sadly... My little/ my sisters little chick died while I was getting its food... But he was definitely a fighter and plus I didn' want him to suffer any longer. But if I do get a chick in the future I'll make sure to take better care of it now that I know the proper care for a chick.

Also being by a warm body, even if it’s yours, will give heat and comfort. It may be more willing to eat sitting with you. (On you)
Thank you for your help! I appreciate it.... But sadly... My little/ my sisters little chick died while I was getting its food... But he was definitely a fighter and plus I didn' want him to suffer any longer. But if I do get a chick in the future I'll make sure to take better care of it now that I know the proper care for a chick.

Mind posting a pic of your setup/brooder? Thank you for answering questions and trying to save your chick, I'm sure it means a lot to him or her especially

If this helps, you may want to boil an egg and have the chick eat that. Just mush it so that the chick can eat it

Cyprus is right, the chicks need warmth. Do you have a heating pad or a lamp with a light bulb/40 watts? It maybe too late for the sole survivor but make sure you don't over heat it too.

It maybe too weak to eat, see if you can get some vitamins & electrolytes for it's water. Get some chick starter feed, wet it & mix some boiled egg yolk, make a mash & slowly see if it will eat.

Careful syringe feeding it, may go down the wrong way. You can try dipping your finger in the water w/vitamins/electrolyes, put drop on the side of it's beak.

:frow how are the chicks being cared for these 2 days?

oh... btw welcome to the flock!
:welcome

sorry for your loss. :hugs
It is lessons learned that way that you will remember. Like one I lost as a teen before knew anything about them except they're cute and you feed them.
Yup well that was basically me.But when I was little I would raise them just fine but I guess I just wasn't lucky. But thank you so much for your help!!

@Mika0730 I just want to say thank you for being a good owner and asking for help with caring for your chick. And for answering our many questions. :thumbsup

You did the best you could but now you know alot more than you did. So very sorry your chick didn't make it. :hugs I've learned through they years, reaseach before getting anything :caf Glad you found this site to help you. The feed store is one that shouldn't be in operation, they gave you the wrong kind of feed for a chick, that's terrible. You tried & rescued them :hugs

Back
Top Bottom