plshelpme

Hatching
Apr 21, 2021
My coworker and I have been incubating an egg for about 13 days. On Monday, the incubator overheated - it couldn't have been any longer than 2 hours because she had turned it for the day and then went to turn it again and realized how hot it felt. On Sunday, the egg was moving around and very light inside. Please see the photos to see how it looks now - No movement and looks dark... Can someone please confirm if the ducky is no longer alive... We are having a hard time parting with it because we do not know if it's still alive or not...
IMG_5225.jpg
IMG_5226.jpg

My coworker and I have been incubating an egg for about 13 days. On Monday, the incubator overheated - it couldn't have been any longer than 2 hours because she had turned it for the day and then went to turn it again and realized how hot it felt. On Sunday, the egg was moving around and very light inside. Please see the photos to see how it looks now - No movement and looks dark... Can someone please confirm if the ducky is no longer alive... We are having a hard time parting with it because we do not know if it's still alive or not...View attachment 2628056View attachment 2628057
What was the temp spike to?
That egg looks strange. I would normally say dead, but it looks like there might still be some veining? Do you see any movement? It looks behind for day 13 as well. What type of duck?

What was the temp spike to?
That egg looks strange. I would normally say dead, but it looks like there might still be some veining? Do you see any movement? It looks behind for day 13 as well. What type of duck?
When she looked at the temp after opening it up, the temp was at 39.2. It was moving the day before and then after the incident, we have seen barley any movement at all. However,
I read online that the veins would disappear if it were dead, is this true? I believe it was a mallard duck. What day does it look like it's at?

Back
Top Bottom