Please post Pics of your geese and thei houses!

Morri

what's quackalackin?
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
Australia
I want to get a goose egg to raise so What kind of geese do you have?? What do they live in?? What experience did you have with them ( etc hand raising)?? Thanks for any Pics!!

I have White Sebastopols. We got them as older hatchlings last year. Mine live in a large dog kennel (additionally covered around all sides with chicken wire for added protection). & tarped on the top to keep out rain & snow. They have a plastic dog house for a house, (it opens so the top can come off, so changing out straw is easy), stuffed full of straw on the bottom & sides of the box for warmth (they only enter it on the coldest of days...
roll.png
.... silly geese). They have a kiddie pool that gets fresh water refilled to it daily, year round. (we have a well so good we have a water overflow from it, so no worry of water bill or taxing our water well
wink.png
). I move their 10x15 dog kennel around like a chicken tractor so they get fresh grass all the time, & also a new pooping area.
wink.png
We often buy bulk produce from flea markets & auctions so we give them a variety of "treats" that they love like: lettuce, strawberries, bananas, apples(no seeds those are bad for them), & cantaloupe. I'd have to say my geese are Very Happy.
smile.png
Good Luck on Getting geese to raise.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom