Please tell me I have hens! PIC HEAVY

chickenjones

Songster
10 Years
Jun 30, 2009
Burleson, TX
Hi Everyone. I have 6 light Brahmas that are almost 11 weeks old. They came from Ideal and are supposed to be hens. They all look about the same to me, except one. She (I will call her that in faith) is larger than everyone else and more white than everyone. I am hoping she might just be older or 'big boned.' She is also my favorite. What do you think? Remember there are only 6 hens. I took a lot of pics to show lots of angles. She is in pics 4 and 5 on the right. Pic 6 alone and on the left in pic 7. Thanks!
DSCF6125.jpg

DSCF6126.jpg

DSCF6131.jpg

DSCF6134.jpg

DSCF6136.jpg

DSCF6140.jpg

DSCF6141.jpg

DSCF6146.jpg

DSCF6148.jpg

DSCF6149.jpg

DSCF6152.jpg

DSCF6153.jpg

I think it's a hen, she has hen feathering on her tail. None of the long hackle/sickle feathers roo's should have. Brahma roosters have darker coloring than the hens, or at least I think they do. what does her comb/wattles look like?

They're all pullets, but. . . Where'd you get these from? Most people sadly get their Brahmas from hatcheries nowadays, but these have too clear of backs to be from a hatchery. . .

Oh I read now. Ideal. Wow I'm shocked - The last Ideal Brahmas I saw were so pencilled they looked crossbred. Nice girls!
thumbsup.gif

They are ADORABLE!!

They all look like pullets to me, that's what my gal looked like when she was younger, some of them just have their collars extended down their back a bit more.

This makes me wish I ordered more than 1 bantam Brahma chick for this summer.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom