pls help! urgent!!!!

lexinicole0828

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2024
i have hatched 13 chicks perfectly fine with seemingly no problems in my incubator but the last four that have hatched, hatched perfectly fine but then a couple hours later their insides were outside… it has happened in a row to the last four chicks and seems like it will continue to keep happening if i don’t figure out what to do. all the research i came across was pertaining to chicks that hatched that way but my chicks hatched with no problems and then hours later the problem occurred. the first 2 died on their own, the second one actually died in my hands):, and the third one i had my boyfriend put out of its misery bc it was visibly in pain and the innards kept coming out more and more as time went on. the fourth one is currently alive though and just hatched earlier today. i have no idea what is going on or what changed but i can’t allow this to keep happening! i did have to transfer to a new incubator bc the one i had them in started to smoke at the heater/power box but i had another on standby coincidentally that was already set up and waiting for eggs. it is the same kind of incubator and at the same humidity and temp as the three previous 13 chicks hatched in. only the first chick had pipped through when the smoke happened, the other three were perfectly intact in their egg. it seems to occur around 2 hours after they hatch. i have several more eggs that will be hatching at any moment pretty much everyday but idk what to do with this going on, i don’t want the same thing to happen again to anymore chicks. everyone i have talked to so far have all said that they have never seen or heard of anything like this happening so i’m really at a loss. pls pls pls help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9245.jpeg
    IMG_9245.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9246.jpeg
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9249.jpeg
    IMG_9249.jpeg
    442 KB · Views: 10
That's the egg yolk, the chick typically absorbs it before hatch. The chick hatched prematurely.
Place the chicks in mug and but them back in the incubator to absorb the yolk.
What humidity and temperature are running and are you sure?

That's the egg yolk, the chick typically absorbs it before hatch. The chick hatched prematurely.
Place the chicks in mug and but them back in the incubator to absorb the yolk.
What humidity and temperature are running and are you sure?
That’s what i was starting to think too but someone mentioned that it looks like more than just the egg sac and the one that was put down had tube like innards coming out as well, it looked like intestines or something close to that. the humidity ranges from 75-80 in the lockdown incubator and the temp is at 103 fahrenheit, the incubator instructions suggest to raise it since they are much lower from the heater when in lockdown. my other incubator that has the turner where the eggs aren’t ready to hatch yet ranges from 50-55 humidity and is at 100.5 fahrenheit. the temp and humidity have not changed though, they are at the same levels as the previous 13 hatched at and those are all doing perfectly fine in their brooder.

Back
Top Bottom