Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
I have three week old goslings for sale and also fertile eggs for sale in Ohio. They are pick-up only, but can mail eggs. P M me if interested.

Sorry if I killed this thread , but I'm wondering if anyone knows any Pom breeders in central FL , because the more I research them , the more they seem like an ideal goose for my situation :D
I don't know when I'll be getting geese (if at all) but if I do Pomeranians are high on the breed consideration list :p
Also , though I am a bit partial to the grey variation , I'll settle for anything I can get!
I don't have an incubator and not too keen on buying one or taking on hatching eggs , and I'd only want one gosling , that's why I'm looking for a breeder in my area.

Last edited:
Sorry if I killed this thread , but I'm wondering if anyone knows any Pom breeders in central FL , because the more I research them , the more they seem like an ideal goose for my situation
big_smile.png

I don't know when I'll be getting geese (if at all) but if I do Pomeranians are high on the breed consideration list
tongue.png

Also , though I am a bit partial to the grey variation , I'll settle for anything I can get!
I don't have an incubator and not too keen on buying one or taking on hatching eggs , and I'd only want one gosling , that's why I'm looking for a breeder in my area.

You didn't kill the thread at all: Many of us have migrated to the Pomeranian group on Facebook, although it is slow too (part of being into an under-represented breed).
The person to ask about breeders in FL would be Cindy Chesler: She is in Citrus County Florida. She used to be plantcityhomestead on this thread (may still be) and is an admin on the Facebook group. She has grey saddlebacks for now, and if all goes well, she will have a small group of Buff Saddlebacks for next season (I sent her some eggs).

You didn't kill the thread at all: Many of us have migrated to the Pomeranian group on Facebook, although it is slow too (part of being into an under-represented breed).

The person to ask about breeders in FL would be Cindy Chesler: She is in Citrus County Florida. She used to be plantcityhomestead on this thread (may still be) and is an admin on the Facebook group. She has grey saddlebacks for now, and if all goes well, she will have a small group of Buff Saddlebacks for next season (I sent her some eggs).

That is amazing to have someone within 2 hours of me with my ideal breed , I was worried that since Pomeranians aren't very common I might be out of luck as far as local breeders go...thank you :D

That is amazing to have someone within 2 hours of me with my ideal breed , I was worried that since Pomeranians aren't very common I might be out of luck as far as local breeders go...thank you
big_smile.png

You are very welcome Lizzy456. Their are a few of us in the Gulf Coast area: I am an hour north of New Orleans (more or less) and have planted several small flocks of Buffs all over the state: Lake Charles, Shreveport, Baton Rouge to name a few.
I know Cindy has an incubator running full of eggs and a broody goose sitting a nest as well. She will be likely to have a few culls (ones that don't meet her goals for her flock) in a couple months. I think she knows at least one other person in that area with grey Poms as well. Oh, and she has a small flock of Cotton Patch geese as well, in case one breed isn't enough once you get started!

Hi can anyone tell me a little about Pomeranians other than that they look so pretty.I've researched them on the web but there really isn't much on their temperament also what I'd need to look out for in buying goslings.

You are very welcome Lizzy456. Their are a few of us in the Gulf Coast area: I am an hour north of New Orleans (more or less) and have planted several small flocks of Buffs all over the state: Lake Charles, Shreveport, Baton Rouge to name a few.

I know Cindy has an incubator running full of eggs and a broody goose sitting a nest as well. She will be likely to have a few culls (ones that don't meet her goals for her flock) in a couple months. I think she knows at least one other person in that area with grey Poms as well. Oh, and she has a small flock of Cotton Patch geese as well, in case one breed isn't enough once you get started!

I hope she might sell some goslings this season, because if I do get a goose , I want to raise it with the KC ducklings that are coming in May , as I'm most likely only getting one and from what I've read it's not good to raise one bird on their own , as they'll get lonely if you aren't with them every minute . I won't be breeding any of my birds , as this is my absolute first time with anything other than a cat...but I know I am capable to take care of them right . I'm sure this won't be the last goose I get , probably down the road I'll want more
, try out some different breeds also , but for now I want to keep it small until I have the resources , space and time for more...but I tend to be drawn towards the rarer breeds , since the idea of preserving a breed is exciting to me :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom