Pond Feeder for treats?

No but I am now! What an idea! You could have that feed into a small trough feeder maybe even use some hose or pipe you could mount that outside the run for easy refilling.

Edit - just read it is not waterproof. Might be a problem.

Last edited:
I would put it under the roof inside the run, so waterproof isn't an issue (though that is strange considering it's meant to sit out by a pond and feed the fish!). There are tons of different ones at all kinds of price points.

Is anyone using an automated pond feeder in their run? I was thinking over ideas for delivering treats mid-day when I'm at work and it seems like a koi feeder that was mounted up high would work great to drop a little scratch into the run and help keep them busy and entertained.

http://www.amazon.com/Fish-Mate-003...F8&qid=1411139670&sr=8-1&keywords=pond+feeder
OH MY!! I thought I was alone in spoiling my girls. This is outrageously clever and pricey $$

thumbsup.gif
My DH says that our current cost per egg is around $ 50 +….wait til I tell him I want this! There is nothing too good for our pets.

If you don't have one yet, get IP Camera so you will be able to enjoy the action around the treat feeder while you are at work.

I hadn't even thought about a camera ... someone suggested that for my dog years ago and I laughed because ALL he does is sleep all day. It's like owning a 200lb cat.

Mostly I'm worried about how they'll fair during the winter as I basically leave before dawn and come home after dark. During the rest of the year, I can free-range them and give them treats when I get home, but there are a couple of months there where I imagine I will see very little of my girls during the week.

Last edited:
I am approaching that day rapidly - less than 1/2hr in the morning before I leave for work and only 2 hours after I get home before it is dark. In a few weeks it will be dark well after I leave and by the time I get home. I'm thinking of adding full spectrum lights (I have an extra 4' fluorescent I can use) in the run from 6am to 6pm,

Last edited:
I hadn't even thought about a camera ... someone suggested that for my dog years ago and I laughed because ALL he does is sleep all day. It's like owning a 200lb cat.

Mostly I'm worried about how they'll far during the winter as I basically leave before dawn and come home after dark. During the rest of the year, I can free-range them and give them treats when I get home, but there are a couple of months there where I imagine I will see very little of my girls during the week.

I got an IP camera august 1st and love it. It has been interesting to watch them and reassure me they are safe when I'm at work. And when folks pull out their iPhone pictures, I show them live action of my "children". Depends on where you place it, I can tell if their water fount is full or feeder is empty! Got it mainly to be able to leave town and make sure whoever I get to tend them does take care of them.

Technology has really come a long way. The cost is now reasonable. Check out Hencam , they have streaming cameras for public viewing and a FAQ page that explains what they did. My camera was a lot more economical, but high resolution and IR...

Back
Top Bottom