Pony For Daughter--Update Page 8. Great First Year Together

SOme updated pictures of DD and Apache. Though the results aren't "official" yet, DD is so far in 3rd place for year end awards for Competitive Trail Jr. Division in the state of Michigan behind 2 teenagers who are VERY experienced. She's also currently top 10 in the Midwest, although that may change because a few results aren't in yet. Pretty good for their first year out together!

At the Ogemaw County Fair in Showmanship.
11594_112.jpg

Me demonstrating showmanship for DD
11594_107.jpg

Playing in the Au Sable River
11594_118.jpg

Last edited:

Update:

Coming full circle ... we have sold DD's pony.

While she could have easily ridden her another year, we decided to sell her and get a horse. I didn't plan on aggressively marketing her. If she sold, she sold, if she didn't, she didn't. We would always give Apache a home. Well, I put an ad up on DreamHorse and before th photo finished loading, I got a call. It was an endurance rider from Texas who had recently moved to back to Michigan (her mom is trail boss for one of the endurance rides) who wanted to find a pony with distance experience for her daughters, ages 7 and 4. Both of whom are petite (my DD is almost as tall as I am now). They came out the next day to try out Apache. They LOVED her. We had trouble getting the older daughter OFF her. They planned on picking her up the following Saturday.

So I called on a TWH gelding. Made arrangements to go down and ride him on Wed. Talking on the phone to the new owners of Apache, she asked where this TWH was located at. Lo and behold, it was the town just north of her. So she offered to pay my gas if I brought Apache down with me to save them a trip. So I did. They have a nice place and other equines (a mini and her old endurance mare) to keep Apache company. Since this was during the day, it would be a surprise for her daughter to come home from school to see her pony in the pasture. :)

I am so glad that she found a home where she will be used for what she loves. And more likely than not, she'll make the rounds as a starter pony for new endurance riders. And we'll still get to see her at rides.

I got the walker. I'll post pics of him later, but since this is Pony's thread, we'll keep it pony pic related.

What a small world! I just realized you sold your pony to a lady I "know" via a horse forum that I have been on since 1999. I can tell you Apache will have an AMAZING home, and will be absolutely spoiled and much loved! You couldn't have done better!

Yes, it is a small world
smile.png

Wow, from being spoiled and loved to being spoiled and loved. Life is rough.

It makes me cry thinking about it, but it's tears of contentment, knowing that she's gone to the best possible home.

Oddly enough, the gelding I just bought, the lady is selling him because she's moving TO Texas. Weird how things work out.

Back
Top Bottom