Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys

yinepu

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
Texas where we don't feed the Trolls...
I got my turkeys from Porter's this morning..
I ordered 15.. they sent 17.. ALL of them arrived alive and well.. (even with the horrible heat we have been having)

They also color coded most of them and sent a list of who was who

so far they all have been drinking and are learning how to eat (turkeys aren't the brightest bulbs at times)

I must say that so far I am very impressed with the quality of their birds.

not yet.. i need to take some

I just asked for the hatchery choice assortments... so I let them pick and choose
I ended up with:

1 Bronze
1 Chocolate
4 Mottled Chocolate
1 Oregon Gray
1 Penciled Palm
2 Penciled Blue Palm
4 Silver Dapple
3 Rusty Black

I know a few will be keepers!

pics of several of them as promised (had to use my cell phone.. so sorry for the quality)

turkeys3.jpg

turkeys2.jpg

turkeys1.jpg

Ordered 20 Sweetgrass Turkeys from this business on 3/8/13/ I had initial communication with them on the first day and then hurd nothing from them again. I started emailing them 6/3/13 wanting to know when my poults would be sent. I finally got tired of trying and sent an email asking for a refund. This email received an immediate response (imagine that)! This email stated that I would be hit with a 25% fee because I was cancelling the order and they were slated to ship in July. I replied stating I would take the "chicks" as it was close and I really wanted them. I also told them if they tried to steal 25% from me I would sue with no hesitation. The reply back was they were cancelling the order since I was being difficult and that they are called poults not chicks. I guess asking where your 256 bucks is is being difficult .. All in all I would advise everyone looking for turkeys to look elsewhere as this company is seriously lacking in the communication, customer service and frankly personality department. You can see from the replies they have left for their customers here that they simply do not care about you or your business. STAY AWAY!!!

Ordered 20 Sweetgrass Turkeys from this business on 3/8/13/ I had initial communication with them on the first day and then hurd nothing from them again. I started emailing them 6/3/13 wanting to know when my poults would be sent. I finally got tired of trying and sent an email asking for a refund. This email received an immediate response (imagine that)! This email stated that I would be hit with a 25% fee because I was cancelling the order and they were slated to ship in July. I replied stating I would take the "chicks" as it was close and I really wanted them. I also told them if they tried to steal 25% from me I would sue with no hesitation. The reply back was they were cancelling the order since I was being difficult and that they are called poults not chicks. I guess asking where your 256 bucks is is being difficult .. All in all I would advise everyone looking for turkeys to look elsewhere as this company is seriously lacking in the communication, customer service and frankly personality department. You can see from the replies they have left for their customers here that they simply do not care about you or your business. STAY AWAY!!!
I saw this review, and I saw their response. How rude!! He has absolutely NO customer service skills. He repeatedly snaps back at customers who call him out on his shady business deals… I haven’t ordered anything from him yet, but I definitely am VERY hesitant to do so seeing this troubling interaction. The only reason I would is for the Recessive Slate, Recessive Lilac, Silver Dapple, or Mottled Chocolate 😭😭

Back
Top Bottom