Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIR's 22 weeks and Easter Eggers 20 weeks! The white eggs are just for comparison.

Such an exciting day around here yesterday!!!! We have been waiting a long time for this day. Not positive who produced it but we have a pretty good idea. So exciting!!!

I discovered this yesterday afternoon while cleaning the coop. What a nice surprise! Wasn't expecting eggs for at least another couple of weeks. Pretty sure it was contributed by Big Bertha, one of my Black Copper Marans, who has been squatting down when I approach and has matured a lot faster than my other girls. 16 weeks!

I can't tell you just how excited I was to open the lid to the nesting box (just as I had done every day for weeks!) and found our first EGG! I've been waiting my whole life for that moment! I always wanted a Farm and I dreamed of one day having my very own Hens. Nothing prepared me for the elation I felt today! I still feel it!!! Is this normal??? Lol it's that proverbial kid at Christmas Joy! Pure Bliss! I feel Proud! Like I laid it myself! HAHAHAH it's silly but Chickens make me Happy and today was a red letter day for sure! I can't wait to run out and check the coop in the morning!
big_smile.png
Your joy is contagious! I'm so glad I got my first egg on the day you did! We just ate #2 and #3 for breakfast and it was a sublime meal!

Yay! I'm so happy for you! We too have been enjoying our first eggs and while they are sporadic now, we know soon we'll have more eggs then we know what to do with. Thanks for the kind words and Happy Hen Days to you and yours! :)

We finally got our first egg!! It's so perfect. Not sure who's it is but it's from one of our white leghorns that are 19 weeks old! I'm so excited I forgot how to store it!! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom