Nutcase

Songster
7 Years
Dec 2, 2012
Australia
My Coop
My Coop
~Poultry Photography Contest~

Welcome all members! Come and enter your very best photos!

*This is not a 'best chicken' contest. Your photo/s be judged by their focus, composition, colouring, lighting, location and so on.

Rules:

All members welcome.
No rude or undermining posts, but feel free to comment nicely on the entries of others.
The photos you enter MUST be your own! You may want to watermark or add a signature to your photos.
4 photos max per member.
Poultry only. Male and female of all ages and breeds are permitted. Each of your photos must fall into one of the following categories:

Chickens
Ducks & Geese
Other Poultry (e.g. turkeys)

All you have to do is state the correct category above your picture. It will not be judged if you do not state the category. Each class will have its own first, second and third prize - and if there are enough entries, an honourable mention and grand champion will be added! For now the only prize is bragging rights! But I'll post to let you know if a prize offer is added.

Feel free to give your images a title and/or provide camera information.
I will close the contest when a decent amount of entries have been submitted and I'll judge as soon as possible after closing. I may also invite one member to help me judge.

Photography tips:

• Choose an attractive location for your photo shoot. For example, a chicken standing among the flowers makes for a prettier picture than a chicken sitting in the mud.
  • Dust off your chicken or give it a bath beforehand, everyone knows that a clean bird looks better than a dirty one!
    tongue.png
  • Chickens are active creatures so a fast shutter speed will do better in capturing the moment.

Good luck everyone! Now go grab that camera of yours!
big_smile.png

- Nutcase

Photo contest - excellent idea! I went to snap my Light Sussex hen today and discovered she has been under hubby's ute and has managed to get covered in grease... so she is really not ready for her glam shot! Think she will have to moult it out. :rolleyes :)

Back
Top Bottom