prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

idunno.gif
hu.gif

ANYWHOO...

Welcome to the thread, @Randa Danda :) Thank you all so much! Her fever broke at about midnight, so whew, she feels much better and so does mom :) Jake! Praying for you, bud! That's a tough one :( Yes, most definitely. I agree with the following :) And I also think you should go for it. Find some shelters or ministries that need help putting together care packages etc... Or homeless shelters, or even better, a missionary church. This could be just the beginning of you being molded into what God will use you for throughout your life. You're young, have lots of energy, and a want to make a difference, I think? ;) And it will also help you focus on the need if others and find your own true strengths in there as well. Win win :) Absolutely. If it puts me out if my comfort zone and encourages me to strengthen my faith, then its a calling to motion and speaking.. I think if the parable of the talents, how if I take what God has given me and refuse to do anything with it, I'm in trouble. But if he entrusts me with these talents to glorify him, then I'd better get it in gear and MOVE ;) And just since I was thinking about it anyway, the parable of the talents Matthew 25:14-30 The Parable of the Talents 14 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. 15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey. 16 Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents. 17 And likewise he who had received two gained two more also. 18 But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord’s money. 19 After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 “So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, ‘Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.’ 21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ 22 He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.’ 23 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ 24 “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’ 26 “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents. 29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ Go. MOVE. Use those talents! :)
Oh, yes! Callings are all over the Bible. As well as how pastors choose their professions. There is a plant that grows near poison ivy that is the antidote.
[COLOR=0000FF]Even after all of the years of separation, Jacob knew his brothers well, yes? "Do not quarrel!" he instructed them! Question: did the brothers ever confess their sin to their father? Did they ever tell what they had done to Joseph? How easy it would have been for Joseph to throw their transgression back in their faces, and tell their father what they had done. Why do you suppose that he did not do so? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]To JF, and SG with the high fevers and illness in your families: I pray that God will lay His healing hand on you. I pray that you will be healed from the illness, and that it will not touch any other family members. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]To Jake: I pray that God will touch and heal you as well. I'm guessing you were exposed to poison ivy through the burning of it? This is very serious. Have you been to the ER? If not, I suggest that you get to a doctor. Such wide spread inflammation can cause huge issues. You most likely would benefit from a steroid to take down the inflammation. I make a salve that includes Jewel weed, plantain, olive oil, coconut oil, and bees wax. It is supposed to be wonderful at clearing poison ivy, but obviously won't clear it in the mouth. If you have it in your mouth, I'm guessing you may also have some in your lungs as well. Get to a doctor!
Regarding: knowing if such a passion that is placed in your heart is a calling from God or not: God has equipped, and continues to equip each of his children with gifts and talents that enable them to meet a specific need that He has prepared for us to do for His kingdom. Read the verse in my signature line! I know I'm walking in His will, doing what He wants me to do when it is: in alignment with His word. When it is some act of service that I am passionate about. When being involved in such a service gets me excited, and I can't stop thinking about it, and talking about it. When being involved in it leaves my feet unable to touch the ground. When being involved in it keeps me in continual conversation with Him, thanking Him for the opportunity and the experience. Being in the center of God's will far outweighs the inconvenience and the "scary part of being outside your comfort zone" aspect of it.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF] Love to you all. [/COLOR]
Go for it
YES!!! God called me to the mission field a few years back, and lemme tell ya He hasn't let me forget it! Looking at the post that Jake quoted above, I think you should. God will help you and He will "take over" during times where you don't know what to say/do. If He's convicted you about it, then trust Him! I'll be praying for ya :hugs
Thank you so much everyone!!! I think I'll definitely look into doing it then :)

Yeah, that does make sense and I agree with Jake haha wise words. Thanks :)

But okay I'm glad it could be real cause I feel like God keeps trying to get me to do this one thing and I never have but I feel like I need to.

Sorry, that probably sounds crazy and is so vague that it makes no sense but I'll explain.

Okay so it started a few years ago.

I watched this movie on Netflix called Camp (at least I think that's what it was called) and it was a really touching movie and all and I like LOVED it but I thought it was just a movie. Well this little video came on during the end credits (you know how sometimes movies have pics and vids at the end) and it was these people talking about it, maybe the founders? And it turns out that this camp is real! So I thought right then, that's it. I have to do it. I was like overwhelmed and knew it was God right away and I had to. And I wanted to that summer.

Except then I got to thinking it'd be REALLY hard and scary and I was young and idk if I could do it and so I didn't and said I would next year. Well then I didn't the next year either. Still too scary or I forgot or both? Idk. And then I either chickened out a third time or forgot completely and nothing ever came of it.

The camp is this week long camp they have every summer for foster kids and they basically just have FUN for like a week and also learn God loves (cause I think it's run by a Christian group) and a lot of the kids have never had a birthday party so they have a big one at the end of the week. And they like pair you up with a couple campers I think, in the movies it was just one, and you I guess bond with them or supervise them or something? Sounds awesome, right? Except then it was like well sometimes the kids hate you, bite you, spit on you, run away, whatever and I wussed out.

Well, long story short. Then tonight I was on FB and saw this video about this guy who started this program where they make these bags with like blanket, pajama, toothbrush, stuffed animal, etc. For these foster kids cause he was in foster care too and adopted a bunch of kids and I guess they give you a trash bag for your belongings? And some of the kids have nothing. That seems so humiliating to me :( and I looked it up, there's several other organizations that do the same thing, one of those might be better, idk, or maybe there's one near me. But they all do the same thing. They don't all make a full care kit like that but a lot it's a backpack or duffel bag and like a cuddle pet, blanket, or stuffed animal.

Plus I also saw this thing about this horse rescue on Craigslist I wanna donate to or volunteer for. And maybe a dog shelter.

Idk, I would love to help animals too, and I LOVE animals, but I honestly don't feel as passionate about it.

Well, I do, and I would love to just stick to animals...

But long story short, I, for some reason (maybe God?), feel really really strongly about this foster kid thing.

I don't know exactly WHAT I'm supposed to do but I feel like I gotta do something....

And I feel like it's more than just donating to the cause from my couch or bed. I feel like I'm actually supposed to go actively help or meet some kids somehow. Idk.

But I'm scared too. Like really scared. And really selfish tbh. Another large reason I didn't do it the other times is cause I thought it might make me too sad. Seeing all that trauma and stuff and I might get depressed or upset or worn down or burnt out or drained or whatever word too. Which I mean could happen, being around sadness you tend to get sad. And at the time I was still pretty depressed so it was kinda risky and i still somewhat am a teeny bit. BUT. At the same time, I feel like it will be SOO rewarding. And I mean, they're kids so maybe after some initial awkward moments it could be even fun or not sad? And the camp if I do that could be a lot of fun.

I don't know.

What do you guys think?

I saw that movie on Netflix and it is a great movie and camp. That is awesome that you feel led to do that! :) I know it can feel overwhelming to go outside your comfort zone like that but it really sounds like God wants you to work with foster childeren. Maybe if you started with care packages and worked your way up to being a counselor at the camp that might help a bit? Volunteering with animals is really fun and I'm sure you would enjoy that too.

I think it would be an awesome experience for you to go and do that!
thumbsup.gif
I think it will be too!
I saw that movie on Netflix and it is a great movie and camp. That is awesome that you feel led to do that! :) I know it can feel overwhelming to go outside your comfort zone like that but it really sounds like God wants you to work with foster childeren. Maybe if you started with care packages and worked your way up to being a counselor at the camp that might help a bit? Volunteering with animals is really fun and I'm sure you would enjoy that too.
Yeah, it really was a great movie!! And hmm, that's a good idea to start smaller and work up to the camp thing

Jacob Study ,,,,,,,,,,,, comments appreciated

Genesis 46New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Jacob Moves to Egypt

46 So Israel set out with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac. 2 God spoke to Israel in visions of the night and said, “Jacob, Jacob.” And he said, “Here I am.” 3 He said, “I am God, the God of your father; do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you a great nation there. 4 I will go down with you to Egypt, and I will also surely bring you up again; and Joseph will close your eyes.”
5 Then Jacob arose from Beersheba; and the sons of Israel carried their father Jacob and their little ones and their wives in the wagons which Pharaoh had sent to carry him. 6 They took their livestock and their property, which they had acquired in the land of Canaan, and came to Egypt, Jacob and all his descendants with him: 7 his sons and his grandsons with him, his daughters and his granddaughters, and all his descendants he brought with him to Egypt.

Those Who Came to Egypt

8 Now these are the names of the sons of Israel, Jacob and his sons, who went to Egypt: Reuben, Jacob’s firstborn. 9 The sons of Reuben: Hanoch and Pallu and Hezron and Carmi. 10 The sons of Simeon: Jemuel and Jamin and Ohad and Jachin and Zohar and Shaul the son of a Canaanite woman. 11 The sons of Levi: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari. 12 The sons of Judah: Er and Onan and Shelah and Perez and Zerah (but Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan). And the sons of Perez were Hezron and Hamul. 13 The sons of Issachar: Tola and Puvvah and Iob and Shimron. 14 The sons of Zebulun: Sered and Elon and Jahleel. 15 These are the sons of Leah, whom she bore to Jacob in Paddan-aram, with his daughter Dinah; all his sons and his daughters numbered thirty-three. 16 The sons of Gad: Ziphion and Haggi, Shuni and Ezbon, Eri and Arodi and Areli. 17 The sons of Asher: Imnah and Ishvah and Ishvi and Beriah and their sister Serah. And the sons of Beriah: Heber and Malchiel. 18 These are the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to his daughter Leah; and she bore to Jacob these sixteen persons. 19 The sons of Jacob’s wife Rachel: Joseph and Benjamin. 20 Now to Joseph in the land of Egypt were born Manasseh and Ephraim, whom Asenath, the daughter of Potiphera, priest of On, bore to him. 21 The sons of Benjamin: Bela and Becher and Ashbel, Gera and Naaman, Ehi and Rosh, Muppim and Huppim and Ard. 22 These are the sons of Rachel, who were born to Jacob; there were fourteen persons in all. 23 The sons of Dan: Hushim. 24 The sons of Naphtali: Jahzeel and Guni and Jezer and Shillem. 25 These are the sons of Bilhah, whom Laban gave to his daughter Rachel, and she bore these to Jacob; there were seven persons in all. 26 All the persons belonging to Jacob, who came to Egypt, his direct descendants, not including the wives of Jacob’s sons, were sixty-six persons in all, 27 and the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt were two; all the persons of the house of Jacob, who came to Egypt, were seventy.
28 Now he sent Judah before him to Joseph, to point out the way before him to Goshen; and they came into the land of Goshen. 29 Joseph prepared his chariot and went up to Goshen to meet his father Israel; as soon as he appeared before him, he fell on his neck and wept on his neck a long time. 30 Then Israel said to Joseph, “Now let me die, since I have seen your face, that you are still alive.” 31 Joseph said to his brothers and to his father’s household, “I will go up and tell Pharaoh, and will say to him, ‘My brothers and my father’s household, who were in the land of Canaan, have come to me; 32 and the men are shepherds, for they have been keepers of livestock; and they have brought their flocks and their herds and all that they have.’ 33 When Pharaoh calls you and says, ‘What is your occupation?’ 34 you shall say, ‘Your servants have been keepers of livestock from our youth even until now, both we and our fathers,’ that you may live in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is loathsome to the Egyptians.”

I think it will be too!
Yeah, it really was a great movie!!

And hmm, that's a good idea to start smaller and work up to the camp thing

Yes :)

Thanks, I think it might help. I have anxiety and am suverely introverted so I understand that those types of activities can be stressful. I've personally found that doing small things at first and working my way up helps. Instead of just jumping in and doing something big (like the camp) first, which would be pretty overwhelming.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom