prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I never thought I would say this, but I found a person I don't like. He is literally the most annoying, rude, disrespectful dingbat I have ever met IN MY LIFE. :mad: My mom was substitute teaching for one of his classes, and appearantly he gaffed her off and disobeyed her the whole hour. :mad: I don't know why it makes me so mad that he treated my Ex-marine mother like that, but.... I swear that boy... Ugh.
Can you guys pray that I don't spout of something super nasty in the heat of the moment at him? Because every time he opens his mouth it gets harder and harder to keep my mouth shut....

I never thought I would say this, but I found a person I don't like. He is literally the most annoying, rude, disrespectful dingbat I have ever met IN MY LIFE. :mad: My mom was substitute teaching for one of his classes, and appearantly he gaffed her off and disobeyed her the whole hour. :mad: I don't know why it makes me so mad that he treated my Ex-marine mother like that, but.... I swear that boy... Ugh.
Can you guys pray that I don't spout of something super nasty in the heat of the moment at him? Because every time he opens his mouth it gets harder and harder to keep my mouth shut....
Zelda, I am praying for you girl!! I know what it's like to have that urge to say something nasty back to him so he would just get a "taste of his own medicine." But remember as hard as is.......blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God. (Matthew 5:9) like I said i know its hard but ask God to help give you the grace and patience to get through this, I will be praying for him also. :hugs

Perhaps, to remember that the most obnoxious folks are often very miserable living in their own skin. B/C where ever they go, there they are. Pray God's mercy on him. While it's hard to see someone abuse your mother, remember that she's a big girl, and as the authority figure in the class room, it's up to her to dish out the discipline if she feels it's needed.

@PeepersMama

Oh wow do I know how hard that is!!!! I had the perfect devotion on that the other day! I needed it badly that day, I might add... Curbing my tongue has been at the top of my list of behavior "modifications" that I'm slowly learning to handle a little better, with the grace of God and remembering that I can do anything through Christ, who strengthens me. Always pray for guidance before speaking, it truly does help!

Here's the devotion..

Sometimes it is people whom we love the very most who bring out the extreme worst in us. It is those with whom we are in daily contact who seem to drain us of every bit of Christian virtue until they expose the ugly core of our personality.

We all have difficult people in our lives who may have strategically been placed there by God himself. Imagine that! God loves you enough to trust you to be kind to difficult people. God wants you to grow in the fruit of the Spirit and so He allows a boorish, fractious woman to invade the sweet circle of your life. God needs men and women in every generation who will love the unlovable, be kind to the unkind, be patient in the face of ugly impatience and bless those who are categorically cruel.

God actually created you to love people who are monstrously rude; He placed you here at this time in history because He trusted that you would indeed mature and then allow His glory to shine out of you into the darkness of people's souls. You will never do this with your own personality or if you rely on the emotional legacy bequeathed upon you by your parents. You will only do this when you determine in your heart that you want to be like Jesus. When you decide that you would rather be like Jesus than like you. When you decide that His way really is better than your way, that you do not have a better idea than God.

When you demonstrate love in stormy situations and choose to be kind rather than throw an emotional and well-deserved tantrum, you are saying, "I will act like my Dad! I am part of His family and this is what we do! We love unlovable people. It is the family business to reach out with divine kindness to fractious people." Do not ever forget that you are the beneficiary of the family genetic code that enables you to love difficult people. It is what Christians do!

"You have heard that it was said, 'A n eye for an eye , and a tooth for a tooth .' But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you. "You have heard that it was said, 'Y ou shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:38‭-‬48 NASB
http://bible.com/100/mat.5.38-48.NASB

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
Ephesians 5:1‭-‬2 NASB
http://bible.com/100/eph.5.1-2.NASB

Back
Top Bottom