prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Isaiah 6:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

10 “Render the hearts of this people insensitive,
Their ears dull,
And their eyes dim,
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
Understand with their hearts,
And return and be healed.”

Matthew 13:12-15New American Standard Bible (NASB)

12 For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

‘You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
You will keep on seeing, but will not perceive;
15 For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.’

Zelda, I am praying for you girl!! I know what it's like to have that urge to say something nasty back to him so he would just get a "taste of his own medicine." But remember as hard as is.......blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God. (Matthew 5:9) like I said i know its hard but ask God to help give you the grace and patience to get through this, I will be praying for him also. :hugs

Perhaps, to remember that the most obnoxious folks are often very miserable living in their own skin. B/C where ever they go, there they are. Pray God's mercy on him. While it's hard to see someone abuse your mother, remember that she's a big girl, and as the authority figure in the class room, it's up to her to dish out the discipline if she feels it's needed.

@PeepersMama

Oh wow do I know how hard that is!!!! I had the perfect devotion on that the other day! I needed it badly that day, I might add... Curbing my tongue has been at the top of my list of behavior "modifications" that I'm slowly learning to handle a little better, with the grace of God and remembering that I can do anything through Christ, who strengthens me. Always pray for guidance before speaking, it truly does help!

Here's the devotion..

Sometimes it is people whom we love the very most who bring out the extreme worst in us. It is those with whom we are in daily contact who seem to drain us of every bit of Christian virtue until they expose the ugly core of our personality.

We all have difficult people in our lives who may have strategically been placed there by God himself. Imagine that! God loves you enough to trust you to be kind to difficult people. God wants you to grow in the fruit of the Spirit and so He allows a boorish, fractious woman to invade the sweet circle of your life. God needs men and women in every generation who will love the unlovable, be kind to the unkind, be patient in the face of ugly impatience and bless those who are categorically cruel.

God actually created you to love people who are monstrously rude; He placed you here at this time in history because He trusted that you would indeed mature and then allow His glory to shine out of you into the darkness of people's souls. You will never do this with your own personality or if you rely on the emotional legacy bequeathed upon you by your parents. You will only do this when you determine in your heart that you want to be like Jesus. When you decide that you would rather be like Jesus than like you. When you decide that His way really is better than your way, that you do not have a better idea than God.

When you demonstrate love in stormy situations and choose to be kind rather than throw an emotional and well-deserved tantrum, you are saying, "I will act like my Dad! I am part of His family and this is what we do! We love unlovable people. It is the family business to reach out with divine kindness to fractious people." Do not ever forget that you are the beneficiary of the family genetic code that enables you to love difficult people. It is what Christians do!

"You have heard that it was said, 'A n eye for an eye , and a tooth for a tooth .' But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you. "You have heard that it was said, 'Y ou shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:38‭-‬48 NASB
http://bible.com/100/mat.5.38-48.NASB

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
Ephesians 5:1‭-‬2 NASB
http://bible.com/100/eph.5.1-2.NASB

Thank you guys soooo much :hugs I need all the prayers I can get, that's for sure. :lol: :p

Isaiah 6:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

10 “Render the hearts of this people insensitive,
Their ears dull,
And their eyes dim,
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
Understand with their hearts,
And return and be healed.”

Matthew 13:12-15New American Standard Bible (NASB)

12 For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

‘You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
You will keep on seeing, but will not perceive;
15 For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.’

That's a major call to repentance in my eyes.....

As far as Isaiah, they were heading straight for exile... Their punishment for repeated blatant disobedience. But a remnant WAS saved. Same in Matthew, some hearts were definitely hardened, but others were opened, and a remnant was saved and passed on through what... The helper that was sent? The Holy Spirit?

There's always a remnant, what for? To continue God's plan for all to come to repentance, or for us to just throw in the towel and give up on those hard hearted people that we know?

So, what do we do now? Preach to condemnation until they can understand the penalty of sin and come to God for repentance? Do we use the gift of the Holy Spirit to aid us in our call of bringing others to Christ? If we truly ARE in Christ, then we have no choice but to go find them and pray for their hearts to be softened and the grace of God through Christ can heal the deaf and blind and help them see and hear, finally bringing about true repentance?

I refuse to just call it good, these people are my neighbors, my family, my friends. We are given a duty and are expected to be able to glorify God through it. I fail to see how our generation is different from any other. God has a plan, he always has a plan. There always HAS been a plan. How exactly do we fit into it and what are we supposed to do? Incessantly pray for help and guidance and do what we are told? Are WE hardening our hearts by refusing to do what we know we need to do because of a lack of faith?

I surely hope not.

"Asks" might be the primary word but the entire verse is packed with answers to SG's questions. Can anyone else come up with "witnessing" verses?

1 Peter 3:15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

Matthew 28: 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of theSon, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”…

Deuteronomy 11:
18"You shall therefore impressthese words of mine on your heart and on your soul;and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. 19"You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up.

Matthew 4:19 Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”

! Peter 3: 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answerto everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hopethat you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes–the Jew first and also the Gentile

Luke 12:12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Every believer is called upon to be a witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is our responsibility, our command, our duty to be able to accurately handle the scriptures, to be able to answer to every man the "reason for the hope that lies within us." Not a one of us who belong to Jesus have the right to say, "I'm not called to preach salvation". For, how can we who have been saved refuse to throw a life line to the dying people around us?

Today sucks. Got in a big fight/rage over nothing then I found one of my chickens dead tonight
I'm sorry. Hebrews 12:1-2 " Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders, and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with endurance fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2. I'm sorry if I messed up a little on the post, I was quoting from memory. I hope you have a better day soon, and God Bless! :hugs

I'm sorry. Hebrews 12:1-2 " Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders, and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with endurance fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2. I'm sorry if I messed up a little on the post, I was quoting from memory. I hope you have a better day soon, and God Bless! :hugs

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom