prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I'm sorry. Hebrews 12:1-2 " Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders, and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with endurance fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2. I'm sorry if I messed up a little on the post, I was quoting from memory. I hope you have a better day soon, and God Bless! :hugs

Thank you!!

Matthew 28: 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of theSon, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”…

Deuteronomy 11:
18"You shall therefore impressthese words of mine on your heart and on your soul;and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. 19"You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up.

Matthew 4:19 Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”

! Peter 3: 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answerto everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hopethat you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes–the Jew first and also the Gentile

Luke 12:12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Every believer is called upon to be a witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is our responsibility, our command, our duty to be able to accurately handle the scriptures, to be able to answer to every man the "reason for the hope that lies within us." Not a one of us who belong to Jesus have the right to say, "I'm not called to preach salvation". For, how can we who have been saved refuse to throw a life line to the dying people around us?

Exactly! I especially feel the need to highlight this verse...

And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I WILL make you fishers of men." Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.
Matthew 4:19‭-‬20 NASB
http://bible.com/100/mat.4.19-20.NASB

(Emphasis added) WILL make you fishers of men..not "might", WILL. (That's God's WILL, btw)

I don't have a choice. I WILL be a Fisher of men... How can I fish without a net? A boat? Any knowledge of fishing whatsoever? The Holy Spirit.

Last Sunday, we had a guest speaker. Our usual service is cheery, Bible studyish, love everyone kind of stuff. This speaker came in and BLASTED the entire congregation because he asked us to raise our hands if we felt like we knew the gospel enough to go tell it to others. Only 9 people raised their hands. And no, I did not raise my hand. I wanted to lol, but I didn't want to "boast".. why? That was dumb, my pride got in the way of me boldly proclaiming my desire to share the gospel. Needless to say, the other 50+ people that didn't raise their hands got a scolding. We are DEAD. We are sitting there, in church, and we are DEAD. Excuses, Moses-like reasons for not "feeling" like we can properly speak, teach, or guide. Excuses about being busy, tired, shy... DEAD.
My mom lol, after we get out, she says "that was a tough sermon. I'm not sure I liked that".. "mom, are you feeling convicted? Good, he did his duty of warning us and it SHOULD make you feel icky. It made me feel icky. You know what that means right. Your conscience has been seared and you don't have a choice but to do His will or we truly are DEAD still."... Here it comes, she says "BUT, I don't know anyone"... Well mom, time to get to know someone. I know for a fact she knows lots of "someone's". So do I. I make the same stupid excuses, I'm deaf, I'm shy, I'm "busy" with kids, my husband won't let me....blah blah blah. EXCUSES.

There is no excuse other than we're still dead and expecting to reach the heights of God's gloriful mission by sitting on our behinds and waiting for God to bring someone to us? No, we are supposed to GO FISH. I've honestly never seen anyone catch a fish from their living room alone.

He also had mentioned something that stuck in my mind.. I read the same thing in a book recently, "One thing you can't do in heaven" (great book ocap, thanks for the suggestion)... Just because we try with someone and they turn us away does NOT mean that we failed. We tried. We did our duty of spreading the news, and maybe planted a seed. No attempt is ever a failure.

I never did ask any of those 4 strangers that helped me that dark gloomy day just 4 months ago if they knew Jesus. My conscience has bothered me ever since. I KNOW I failed, by not even mentioning it. It's a small town, I pray I will see these people again so the Lord can give me another chance. And if not, that's okay too. I learned my lesson just from my guilt of making excuses. I don't like the feeling of knowing that I'm denying God's plan and WILL for us because of my human tendency to shirk my responsibility. So I ask for help. I ask for prayers to help me overcome my fear of man, and myself, and let the holy spirit flow through me the way the Lord's intends it. I ask that for all of us. :)

Today sucks. Got in a big fight/rage over nothing then I found one of my chickens dead tonight

Aw, Kelsey, I'm sorry for your loss.. :( I pray you have a more peaceful day today.

Last edited:
Proverbs 3:5-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

Back
Top Bottom