prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

for me the interesting portion of the passage is the "beginning of days", created beings have a beginning, this character is described as eternal.

Hebrews 7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

7:1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham as he was returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace. 3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he remains a priest perpetually.

for me the interesting portion of the passage is the "beginning of days", created beings have a beginning, this character is described as eternal.

Hebrews 7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

7:1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham as he was returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace. 3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he remains a priest perpetually.

The PERSON is described as eternal, or the PRIESTHOOD?...

Hear me out lol... If Melchizedek had no end of days of LIFE, then he would still be alive, right?... But then we wouldn't have needed Jesus to come in the flesh because Melchizedek would still be here? I'm thinking of it more concerning the priesthood. It's almost like God hit the "pause" button on the "order of Melchizedek" to introduce the Abrahamic covenant and consecutive Levitical priesthood in order to show the inefficiency of depending on rites and traditions and family lines for atonement... And when it was time to bring the Messiah, prophecy would have been fulfilled and returned back to the "order of Melchizedek", the priesthood.

If Melchizedek was indeed a servant if God from before the law was even entered into, then he would have been "sleeping" instead of dead, to be raised with those before Christ at the second coming? So, in essence, without end of days being the priesthood, since there was no one to follow Melchizedek himself, he stood alone as a priest, not by his genealogy or birth or death records... ?

That was a long shot lol ;)

Interesting passage. This passage (Hebrews 7:1) was used in our sermon this morning. Coincidental timing, n'est ce pas???

Question about Hebrew 7 post above, was Melchizedek in Hebrews 7 Genesis 14 and Psalm 110, Jesus Christ?

I believe that Melchizedek COULD have been Jesus. I believe that Jesus appeared a number of times in the old testament.

Genesis 3:8 NAS

They heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

Praying for Cathy.

OK, I will go as far as agreeing that the DIVINITY of Christ was in existence from the beginning, sure... Melchizedek could have been an example of that divinity...buttttt.... Melchizedek could have only been "made like the Son of God" if there was already the Son of God in existence, meaning that he had attributes of Christ, but still not the HUMANITY of Christ. He was a righteous man, a king of righteous attributes and peace, sure.

God can manifest himself as a pillar of cloud, a burning bush, wind...whatever He so desires, but as far as the man, the Messiah, the fully man, fully God, born of the virgin Mary, died and resurrected HUMANITY of Jesus Christ, in the flesh, there is only one. I'm sticking to that lol ;)

I have the opinion that human souls never die. Can anyone come up with a Bible verse that states, the non-believers soul ceases to exist upon the death of their "earth suit"?

Back
Top Bottom