prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

So...concerning Israel.... Is there scriptural and/or cultural significance to the capitol being moved back to Jerusalem?
in addition to my post above #5885, the mountain in the verse (Genesis 22) below is inside the walls of the oldest part of Jerusalem, when the Muslims captured the city some time after Mohammed wrote the Koran ( about 630 AD ) they built a building with a gold dome on the mountain.
Most photographs of the city are taken from the Mount of Olives about 100 yards from the garden of Gethsemane looking across the Kidron Valley.
From the Mount of Olives looking at Jerusalem if look slightly left you are looking at Bethlehem.

That mountain is also the site of Temple #1 and #2 (#1 built by Solomon, #2 built after the Babylonian exile)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...D9DC912B65052D57594CD02D294BA256D&FORM=IARRTH

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...-22&sk=&cvid=93C8D53E3AE34595B066CBB6F6030A23

Genesis 22 [Full Chapter]

[ The Offering of Isaac ] Now it came about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you.” So Abraham rose early in the morning and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him and Isaac his son; and he split wood for the burnt offering, and arose and went to the place of which God had told him. ...

788 Bible results for “Jerusalem.” Showing results 1-25.

Suggested result

Matthew 23:37 [Full Chapter]

[ Lament over Jerusalem ] “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.

Bible search results

Joshua 10:1

[ Five Kings Attack Gibeon ] Now it came about when Adoni-zedek king of Jerusalem heard that Joshua had captured Ai, and had utterly destroyed it (just as he had done to Jericho and its king, so he had done to Ai and its king), and that the inhabitants of Gibeon had made peace with Israel and were within their land,

In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Joshua 10:3

Therefore Adoni-zedek king of Jerusalem sent word to Hoham king of Hebron and to Piram king of Jarmuth and to Japhia king of Lachish and to Debir king of Eglon, saying,

Joshua 10:5

So the five kings of the Amorites, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon, gathered together and went up, they with all their armies, and camped by Gibeon and fought against it.

Joshua 10:23

They did so, and brought these five kings out to him from the cave: the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon.

Joshua 12:10

the king of Jerusalem, one; the king of Hebron, one;

Joshua 15:8

Then the border went up the valley of Ben-hinnom to the slope of the Jebusite on the south (that is, Jerusalem); and the border went up to the top of the mountain which is before the valley of Hinnom to the west, which is at the end of the valley of Rephaim toward the north.

Joshua 15:63

Now as for the Jebusites, the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the sons of Judah could not drive them out; so the Jebusites live with the sons of Judah at Jerusalem until this day.

Joshua 18:28

and Zelah, Haeleph and the Jebusite (that is, Jerusalem), Gibeah, Kiriath; fourteen cities with their villages. This is the inheritance of the sons of Benjamin according to their families.

Judges 1:1

[ Jerusalem Is Captured ] Now it came about after the death of Joshua that the sons of Israel inquired of the Lord, saying, “Who shall go up first for us against the Canaanites, to fight against them?”

Judges 1:7

Adoni-bezek said, “Seventy kings with their thumbs and their big toes cut off used to gather up scraps under my table; as I have done, so God has repaid me.” So they brought him to Jerusalem and he died there.

Judges 1:8

Then the sons of Judah fought against Jerusalem and captured it and struck it with the edge of the sword and set the city on fire.

Judges 1:21

But the sons of Benjamin did not drive out the Jebusites who lived in Jerusalem; so the Jebusites have lived with the sons of Benjamin in Jerusalem to this day.

Judges 19:10

But the man was not willing to spend the night, so he arose and departed and came to a place opposite Jebus (that is, Jerusalem). And there were with him a pair of saddled donkeys; his concubine also was with him.

1 Samuel 17:54

Then David took the Philistine’s head and brought it to Jerusalem, but he put his weapons in his tent.

2 Samuel 5:5

At Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty-three years over all Israel and Judah.

2 Samuel 5:6

Now the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land, and they said to David, “You shall not come in here, but the blind and lame will turn you away”; thinking, “David cannot enter here.”

2 Samuel 5:13

Meanwhile David took more concubines and wives from Jerusalem, after he came from Hebron; and more sons and daughters were born to David.

2 Samuel 5:14

Now these are the names of those who were born to him in Jerusalem: Shammua, Shobab, Nathan, Solomon,

2 Samuel 6:12

[ The Ark Is Brought to Jerusalem ] Now it was told King David, saying, “The Lord has blessed the house of Obed-edom and all that belongs to him, on account of the ark of God.” David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-edom into the city of David with gladness.

2 Samuel 8:7

David took the shields of gold which were carried by the servants of Hadadezer and brought them to Jerusalem.

2 Samuel 9:13

So Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem, for he ate at the king’s table regularly. Now he was lame in both feet.

2 Samuel 10:14

When the sons of Ammon saw that the Arameans fled, they also fled before Abishai and entered the city. Then Joab returned from fighting against the sons of Ammon and came to Jerusalem.

2 Samuel 11:1

[ Bathsheba, David’s Great Sin ] Then it happened in the spring, at the time when kings go out to battle, that David sent Joab and his servants with him and all Israel, and they destroyed the sons of Ammon and besieged Rabbah. But David stayed at Jerusalem.

2 Samuel 11:12

Then David said to Uriah, “Stay here today also, and tomorrow I will let you go.” So Uriah remained in Jerusalem that day and the next.

2 Samuel 12:31

He also brought out the people who were in it, and set them under saws, sharp iron instruments, and iron axes, and made them pass through the brickkiln. And thus he did to all the cities of the sons of Ammon. Then David and all the people returned to Jerusalem.

I was reading through Acts a couple weeks ago, and in chapter 19 it was talking about the church "speaking in tongues." I've always been taught that speaking in tongues is a major stumblingblock to unbelievers, so I was curious what you all think?

Wow, SG. I just did a google search. I live in an isolation bubble. I need to be more aware of world news:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/middleeast/trump-jerusalem-explainer-intl/index.html

this is HUGE! It has the potential of setting off international terrorism against the US by muslims. They claim part of Jerusalem (the dome of the rock) as their religious center. But, all of Israel, including Jerusalem, was given to the Jews by God, so Palestine is squatting on land that is contracted to Israel by the God of the universe. The Koran has many verses demanding death to the Jew and the infidel. Any non Muslim is considered to be an infidel.

Return of the scattered remnant to Israel is happening now. And has been happening for quite some time. Prophecy points to re-establishment of the temple, and re-establishment of the sacrifices.

Many significant events are coming together, including the return of the remnant to Israel, the birth of a red heiffer in Israel http://www.discoverrevelation.com/43.html

DNA testing is being done, of particular interest is the DNA testing to establish the priestly line of Aaron:

https://academic.oup.com/jlb/article/2/2/469/826237

The Cohanim Modal Haplotype (CMH), the Jewish genetic marker that has received the most attention, was first publicized in the journal Nature in a study that identified six differences in the DNA sequence of male Jews that identified as Cohens or Cohanim (Jewish priests).47 Some scientists think that the Cohanimsignature could represent the inheritance of over 100 generations from the founder of the patrilineal genetic line.48 The signature is traced to a date over 3000 years ago, in accordance with the oral tradition that the Cohens maintain a line of patrilineal descent from Aaron, the first Jewish priest.49

Preparation has been done to have everything ready for the third building of the temple. Many Bible scholars believe this will happen after a signed treaty, allowing the temple to be built on the rock, and it will occur before the completion of the first 3.5 years of the great Tribulation:

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/216112

Last edited:
I was reading through Acts a couple weeks ago, and in chapter 19 it was talking about the church "speaking in tongues." I've always been taught that speaking in tongues is a major stumblingblock to unbelievers, so I was curious what you all think?
great question !!!!
stumbling block, yes, even to believers.
One time in my life ... one of my teacher/preacher/leader said that at the end of one his sermons he thought he should speak in tongues, afterwards a man walked to the front and said that he was from a town in India and the language spoken during "tongues" was not only his language but the dialect from his home town. I am still a skeptic, I think that the gift of tongues is abused by the evil one and his demon puppet preachers as well as others in the congregation who do not want to be left out of the "club".

Speaking in tongues is a source of division even among believers. There are those who insist that one is not truly saved unless they speak in tongues: that speaking in tongues is an outward sign of salvation.

Then there are those who insist that speaking in tongues was and is a gift that is designed to serve a particular purpose at a particular time.

When the gift of tongues was given, it was employed b/c there were many people from many nations and languages who need to hear the gospel. Holy Spirit enabled all to hear in their own tongue. I believe that the gift of tongues can be used today when Holy Spirit is using a believer to communicate the gospel to people from a different language. IMO, it does not make sense for tongues to be employed in a church setting where all attendants speak the same language.

There is also the "groaning of the spirit" in which the Holy Spirit speaks for the person in prayer, b/c that person is beyond words. I am very poorly versed to offer any education re: tongues.

Tongues is only one of the Spiritual gifts, and not everyone has that gift. Gifts are given on an as needed basis. This article speaks further to the topic.

https://www.christianity.com/church...this-a-gift-i-should-be-seeking-11557513.html

Bottom line is this: Speaking in tongues should never be a cause of division among believers. If it becomes so, then, the focus is in the wrong place. All focus needs to be on Jesus Christ, the one and only mediator between man and God. He and He alone is the only means by which man can be saved or reconciled to God.

as we (believers) face terrorism I reviewed a chapter from Cries of the Heart by Ravi Zacharias titled "The cry of a guilty conscience" where Mr. Zacharias covers six ways to "handle" guilt.
Expel guilt by irreverence
Smother guilt by pride
Conceal guilt by fear
Dismiss guilt as cultural
Deny guilt by innocence
Surrender guilt to God's grace

page 100 covers "final solution" (inside the portion on irreverence) where the guilty irreverently kill the one that makes him/her feel guilty (terrorism). A current example would be the church in Texas. An older example would be the young Amish girls that were murdered in their school.

Back
Top Bottom