prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Just caught up a bit. I see there were some comments from an Atheist. Please remember what this forum is about. If..there is anyone that comes in denying there is a God, best you just ignore. Don't respond. We love this thread and want to keep it going. If there is a lot of contention going on, it will be reported. No Bible bashing. We're all God loving folks. I really believe that bashing makes our God, and Lord and Savior sad. We respect all that come in with kindness. No matter your religion. We're just excited that you believe. Hey...HE IS RISEN!

Satan will never stop ... Trying. :(. Even though he knows, he won't win. He also knows God's plan for us. But he wants as many souls of as he can get to be as miserable as him.
Satan *may* be the ultimate Prodigal son who ALSO belongs to God! Were angels not referred to as sons of God? Imagine the party thrown WHEN he returns! :oops:

It's no different than my kids begging to do something I'm not gonna let them do.. They throw fits, gripe and moan.. try to make our lives hell so that we give in to their childish demands.. even try to turn mom and dad against one another. Sometimes very successful in their antics. Here we go loop de lou! What child doesn't think they know more and can do more than their father.. until they eventually mature past it.. but WHY does God give SOME a heart of stone or cause their eyes to not see.. It ALL part of His plan.. even Satan is JUST a tool. And he can TRY to deny all he wants but "resistance is futile" (Star Trek Borg).

Romans 14​

King James Version​

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

God is using us just as He did Job.. as an example to those who would fall away.. We also are tools.. Holy His, tools.. blessed with the belonging of a favored child.. our Father is so good to us.. we WANT to pull the weeds from the garden and take out the trash.. But we also read in Romans 14..

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

And that is why God is being patient.. He's the ever hopeful parent of those lost to the world.. Acting like pigs toiling for the acorns on the ground and never looking up to see where they are coming from.

ETA: I do agree with your statement that Satan knows Gods' plan for us, misery loves company, and it will never stop trying to take root on fertile ground.

Just caught up a bit. I see there were some comments from an Atheist. Please remember what this forum is about. If..there is anyone that comes in denying there is a God, best you just ignore. Don't respond. We love this thread and want to keep it going. If there is a lot of contention going on, it will be reported. No Bible bashing. We're all God loving folks. I really believe that bashing makes our God, and Lord and Savior sad. We respect all that come in with kindness. No matter your religion. We're just excited that you believe. Hey...HE IS RISEN!

HE IS RISEN INDEED

All in His timing. Your faithfulness, your prayers were heard. He knew best, when they were ready. Your example was also a part of their healing.
Amen! Thank you, @Cynthia12. But no, I was not always a good example for them. I've had my "issues" as well. But God IS good, and He has promised He will never leave us nor forsake us. Praise His holy name, His mercies are everlasting! ❤❤❤

Nothing is too big for God!! And don't EVER feel guilty or bad for sharing prayer requests repeatedly!!

Also, I have a prayer request! I would love to have a 1950s International Pickup truck. Please pray that God would provide that for me according to His will! Thanks!!
The Lord has promised to supply all our needs as we trust in Him, and as we put His kingdom first in our lives. So my prayer for you is that, by His grace you will keep your priorities straight so that He can bless you according to His will.

:love I think I sometimes forget that :oops:

That’s good to know though. :love

I always feel like I’m like a horrible Christian or just person or whatever cause I’m not doing all that stuff and everybody else is and/or seems like so sure in it or whatever
You're right! We are ALL horrible people! That's why we need a Savior! And the good news is, we have One! His name is Jesus and He is one really cool dude. And He loves really horrible, messed up people. So yay!

You're right! We are ALL horrible people! That's why we need a Savior! And the good news is, we have One! His name is Jesus and He is one really cool dude. And He loves really horrible, messed up people. So yay!
I really need to start remembering this more. :oops: cause like theoretically I know it and some of the stories or people or whatever but then sometimes like the past couple nights I’m like well that’s not true or at least not for me anyway. Which is absurd and I know that but can’t shake it sometimes. That I’m too messed up or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom