prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

So... I guess I'm allowed to make a nice long post to catch everyone up... since Thanksgiving:

I lost my dad.

My grandma had a cardiologist appointment, said she needed to have her pacemaker battery replaced.

My grandma got a UTI that took two different antibiotics and over three weeks to kick.

Had her bloodwork done two days before surgery so they could make sure everything was okay before surgery (she's on blood thinners).

Day before surgery, they canceled due to the person who was going to put in the battery getting covid. Lots of concern if the battery would hold out from mom and me.

Rescheduled surgery, had to also reschedule another round of bloodwork.

FINALLY got this done and when we get there, we find out that it's not a simple battery replacement, they were replacing the WHOLE PACEMAKER. The surgery went well though and Mamaw is doing fine, praise the Lord!

Then the knobs in our shower started pouring down the wall and had to have a plumber come out for that. (It had been leaking a little since October but it suddenly broke loose like... so much hot water that the hot water in the hot water tank wasn't hot anymore, and that's a forty-gallon tank...)

Then the leaks in the roof broke loose and started flooding the master bedroom so we had to have a roofer give an estimate on THAT and oof covid caused the prices of everything, especially wood and shingles, to go sky high. Like. Mom and I were shocked like how are we going to do this.

Yeah that's why I haven't been on. Also, it's been a lot personally. It wasn't until my rooster, Wild Thang, got sick over a month ago that a sudden thought came to me that humbled me and challenged me. I thought I could pray for my rooster to get better, but if God wouldn't save my dad, then why bother, He won't save my rooster. And the thought that came was, "You'd be mad either way, wouldn't you?" And it was true. If God didn't save my rooster, I would have been mad because it was more pain on top of what I was already dealing with. And if He did save my rooster, I would have been mad because my dad suffered for ten years and God didn't intervene but He would save a rooster but not my dad? What kind of a God is He? I knew though when that happened I was in trouble in my walk with Jesus, and I needed to try to figure things out. It's been a lot to deal with, but I'm glad that He brought that to my attention because I was feeling bitter and angry at God for everything that happened.

On a different positive note: Wasn't able to give away any of the four kittens I saved back in October, so now they are all MINE. Just got the two males fixed and plan to get the two females fixed within the next couple of weeks. (They are five months old now! How time flies!) And Earl Grey can fetch pretty well like a dog. My friends say that they are my therapy cats. 😊
...I forgot the wild pigs. There's a herd of wild pigs that's been hanging around and I'm afraid for my chickens and my cats. The coyotes have been getting close too, I guess the pack of coyotes are tracking the pigs... 😳

Oh, I see. I didn't know a PM could be with more than one person though?
It can be multiple people. Not sure if there’s a limit to how many.
...I forgot the wild pigs. There's a herd of wild pigs that's been hanging around and I'm afraid for my chickens and my cats. The coyotes have been getting close too, I guess the pack of coyotes are tracking the pigs... 😳
Sounds like you need a guardian dog.
Not sure how to get Facebook to show videos... see if this works... got it? Maybe? 🤔

I've had people tell me they can be mean, I shouldn't be following them around with a camera because they could come after me and I can't outrun a pig. 😳

Yes. Don’t get close they can be extremely dangerous. They can be huge and have tusks and very sharp teeth.
https://rangerplanet.com/are-wild-boars-dangerous-how-when-why-they-attack/

I believe mods can add an unlimited amount of people, if you have a PFM you can do up to 20. It's a lot less if you don't have a PFM, but I don't remember the number.
I believe it’s something super low like only maybe 5 ???? Or possibly 10 now ???? Super low. So make sure you have a PFM member start it and/or a mod in it 😁🤣

It can be multiple people. Not sure if there’s a limit to how many.
Gotcha. :)

Sounds like you need a guardian dog.
I do. 😅 But one that will not hurt my chickens or cats! I've had several run-ins with raccoons and a good guard dog to help at least alert me of danger would be nice. (Can't trust my rooster - he alerted me over a butterfly last fall, so at this point his alerts are like the boy who cried wolf. 🤪)

Yes. Don’t get close they can be extremely dangerous. They can be huge and have tusks and very sharp teeth.
https://rangerplanet.com/are-wild-boars-dangerous-how-when-why-they-attack/
WOW. These look so small, not 600+ pounds, but I still wouldn't want to be head-butted by one. I didn't realize they also carry diseases alongside causing damage... we have someone who said they know of a person who could trap them... maybe we should go ahead and do that so they don't hurt anyone or any pets...

I believe mods can add an unlimited amount of people, if you have a PFM you can do up to 20. It's a lot less if you don't have a PFM, but I don't remember the number.
Ooohh okay, cool. :)

Gotcha. :)

I do. 😅 But one that will not hurt my chickens or cats! I've had several run-ins with raccoons and a good guard dog to help at least alert me of danger would be nice. (Can't trust my rooster - he alerted me over a butterfly last fall, so at this point his alerts are like the boy who cried wolf. 🤪)

WOW. These look so small, not 600+ pounds, but I still wouldn't want to be head-butted by one. I didn't realize they also carry diseases alongside causing damage... we have someone who said they know of a person who could trap them... maybe we should go ahead and do that so they don't hurt anyone or any pets...

Ooohh okay, cool. :)
I would recommend going ahead and trapping them if you have someone willing to do it. They cause a lot of ecosystem damage. They are such a nuisance in our state that people shoot them onsite. And property owners pay people to get rid of them. :(

It’d have to be a PM, political threads are not allowed on BYC. I saw one that’s already been locked. I’d be happy to start one, just let me know if anyone wants to

can we just pray for peace? none of us knows the truth, only God does. he is the only one who can save the world from evil. let's pray for that.

Back
Top Bottom