prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

can we just pray for peace? none of us knows the truth, only God does. he is the only one who can save the world from evil. let's pray for that.
Yes. Pray for peace.

Some of us, though, would like to discuss some things which are not typically allowed in the public forum. You don't have to be added to the PM if you don't want to be.

So... I guess I'm allowed to make a nice long post to catch everyone up... since Thanksgiving:

I lost my dad.

My grandma had a cardiologist appointment, said she needed to have her pacemaker battery replaced.

My grandma got a UTI that took two different antibiotics and over three weeks to kick.

Had her bloodwork done two days before surgery so they could make sure everything was okay before surgery (she's on blood thinners).

Day before surgery, they canceled due to the person who was going to put in the battery getting covid. Lots of concern if the battery would hold out from mom and me.

Rescheduled surgery, had to also reschedule another round of bloodwork.

FINALLY got this done and when we get there, we find out that it's not a simple battery replacement, they were replacing the WHOLE PACEMAKER. The surgery went well though and Mamaw is doing fine, praise the Lord!

Then the knobs in our shower started pouring down the wall and had to have a plumber come out for that. (It had been leaking a little since October but it suddenly broke loose like... so much hot water that the hot water in the hot water tank wasn't hot anymore, and that's a forty-gallon tank...)

Then the leaks in the roof broke loose and started flooding the master bedroom so we had to have a roofer give an estimate on THAT and oof covid caused the prices of everything, especially wood and shingles, to go sky high. Like. Mom and I were shocked like how are we going to do this.

Yeah that's why I haven't been on. Also, it's been a lot personally. It wasn't until my rooster, Wild Thang, got sick over a month ago that a sudden thought came to me that humbled me and challenged me. I thought I could pray for my rooster to get better, but if God wouldn't save my dad, then why bother, He won't save my rooster. And the thought that came was, "You'd be mad either way, wouldn't you?" And it was true. If God didn't save my rooster, I would have been mad because it was more pain on top of what I was already dealing with. And if He did save my rooster, I would have been mad because my dad suffered for ten years and God didn't intervene but He would save a rooster but not my dad? What kind of a God is He? I knew though when that happened I was in trouble in my walk with Jesus, and I needed to try to figure things out. It's been a lot to deal with, but I'm glad that He brought that to my attention because I was feeling bitter and angry at God for everything that happened.

On a different positive note: Wasn't able to give away any of the four kittens I saved back in October, so now they are all MINE. Just got the two males fixed and plan to get the two females fixed within the next couple of weeks. (They are five months old now! How time flies!) And Earl Grey can fetch pretty well like a dog. My friends say that they are my therapy cats. 😊
Wow, Waters! You have been through a LOT! Sorry you lost your Dad ... and for everything else. But ... amazing blessing, that you could still hear the voice of God in all that. Sounds like you and He are on better terms now, or at least you are closer to Him through it all? Sometimes healing comes in surprising ways. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! :hugs:love Good news your Grandma came through all her trials okay, that's wonderful!

And so now you are a "failed feline foster mom," eh? 🤣 Times 4! Oh my goodness, it must be one furry rodeo at your house, lol! What fun. So glad the Lord has blessed you in so many ways during your absence and it's great to have you back!

Last edited:
Wow, Waters! You have been through a LOT!
I have. And now I have 7 of 14 chickens sneezing. The flu isn't in my state yet and they don't have any other symptoms so I'm not too concerned about that, but I always worry about them because they are my little feather babies.

Sorry you lost your Dad ... and for everything else.
Thank you ❤️

But ... amazing blessing, that you could still hear the voice of God in all that. Sounds like you and He are on better terms now, or at least you are closer to Him through it all?
I think so.

Sometimes healing comes in surprising ways. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! :hugs:love
:hugs :love ❤️

Good news your Grandma came through all her trials okay, that's wonderful!
It is! We've been putting together a lot of puzzles. For the time being, her hot water tank went out so she's been at our house.

And so now you are a "failed feline foster mom," eh? 🤣
Pretty much! 🤣 It's nice to have more... lovable cats for a change. The cat I rescued in 2018, Jackie, is very temperamental and I found out last year that she is also vision impaired. She HATES the four kittens with a passion - and anything the kittens have their scent on. I have to let the kittens out part-time and Jackie out the other part of the time. The other night, after the kittens played with the mop and it was Jackie's turn to roam around the house, Jackie had a really nice fight with the mop as if the mop was another cat. It was kind of funny but also kind of sad...

Times 4! Oh my goodness, it must be one furry rodeo at your house, lol! What fun.
It is! And they love me and like to show it!

So glad the Lord has blessed you in so many ways during your absence and it's great to have you back!
❤️ Glad to be back!

Back
Top Bottom