prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

This would have been the evening Jesus ate the Passover lamb with His disciples and washed their feet. Judas left the meal early to collect his thirty pieces of silver in exchange for turning Him over to the high priest and the Sanhedrin. Jesus and the disciples went to the Garden to pray, and Judas led the priests to Jesus and betrayed Him with a kiss. The mockery of a trial began and by morning Peter had betrayed Him, the disciples had abandoned Him, and Pilate had condemned Him, though declaring Him innocent.

This would have been the evening Jesus ate the Passover lamb with His disciples and washed their feet. Judas left the meal early to collect his thirty pieces of silver in exchange for turning Him over to the high priest and the Sanhedrin. Jesus and the disciples went to the Garden to pray, and Judas led the priests to Jesus and betrayed Him with a kiss. The mockery of a trial began and by morning Peter had betrayed Him, the disciples had abandoned Him, and Pilate had condemned Him, though declaring Him innocent.
One of my favorite masses to attend is this evenings mass. The Celebration of The Last Supper. My church has a wonderful choir director who is very talented and hearing him sing "The Basin and The Towel" is a true treat to the ears and soul

It's sundown. The drama of the ages, for the most part, is ended. The disciples are shattered, lost, confused. He whom they thought would save them from the Roman oppressors has been tortured, is dead and has been hastily placed in a borrowed tomb. As far as they can see, they have no future. The Romans are likely to come after them next. No light shines in this, their darkest night. But they do not realize that Jesus, the sacrificial Lamb, has given His life that they might have eternal life. The silence of the tomb is soon to be broken by a victory shout that will echo across the ages. Satan, the enemy of all humanity, has been defeated by what Jesus has done at the cross. As the Son of God rested on that first Sabbath of Creation week, so He now rests again in the tomb, having completed His work of redemption, and it, too, is good. It is very good.

Good evening prayer warriors. I'm hoping y'all can join me in praying for my Dad and one of my very sick chickens. My Dad is in the hospital and thankfully has had a better day today. He is really down and out because he spent Thanksgiving and Christmas this past year in the hospital after multiple complications stemming from a kidney transplant. He was really looking forward to celebrating Easter with family and it's not looking like he'll be discharged before early next week. My daughter is his only grandchild and he loves her dearly. At 10 years old, she's not allowed to visit him in the hospital, so taking the celebration to him and spending some time with him on Sunday isn't an option unfortunately.
My other prayer request is for my chicken that's had a tough day. I've been treating her for a week now and it's been like a roller-coaster. The sweetest and best birds always suffer the most or have bad things happen to them.
Thank you! I hope every one has a Easter weekend that's full of blessings and God's loving touch ❤️

Back
Top Bottom