Prayers for bok

akyramoto

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
Northern CA
Bok is my favorite chicken. I hand raised her & she's the sweetest chicken I've ever met. Today my cousin brought over his new dog, a border collie. We played frisbee in the field for over an hour. I had noticed that the chickens had wandered out to the field. I immediately got my cousin to leash his dog. She had shown signs of wanting to chase the chickens early while on the leash. He got her on the leash. I ushered the chickens back into my yard. I turned around & my cousin pretty much immediately let his dog off leash. ( my dogs do not attack the chickens) She circled around & went straight for the gate & I was on her heels, I knew immediately what was going on. She managed to get ahold of bok & I was on top of her seconds afterward. But it was enough time to do some damage.

I looked her over & thought she was ok. But then I lifted her wing & saw a very large tear in her skin & i could see her muscles............which sent me immediatly into tears. I scooped her up & ran inside & told my BF. we got in the truck & took her to the 24hr vet.

After two hours of waiting they finally looked at her. They're going to try to sew her up. people there probably thought I was nuts, but there were a few people that looked @ her & remarked on how calm & docile she was. She literally sat next to me & my BF on the bench in the waiting room. Randomly 'cooing' like she usually does.

We have to go pick her up in a little bit. I hope that its a success. I'm not mad at the dog. i'm more mad at myself for not putting the chickens up & taking a chance, even thought we were in a different area. And so happy that my dogs dont even think about bothering the chickens.

I called my best friend right when i got home, Bok is her favorite chicken too, she started crying also. I know it seems impossible to love such a 'basic' animal to some people, but Bok is a special chicken.

Please send prayers for Bok.

Last edited:
I wish the best to you and bok, hope for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted, ok? Take care of yourself and all your feathered friends.

Prayers for Bok. I have a chicken, Bok Bok. It is so easy to love them so much. I sure do love my girls. Keep us posted on how she is doing.
hugs.gif

Praying for Bok too. I kiss my chickens and cuddle them. They are so sweet--everyone is so amazed at their docile nature and intelligence. The more love you give her the faster she will be all better. Chickens know when you care.

If my husband would let me, I would bring one upstairs to sleep with me every night so they could all have a turn.
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom