Pregnant goat discharge

Bigwig

Songster
5 Years
Jan 8, 2015
NC
My pregnant alpine doe is 101 days into her pregnancy as of the 8th of February. Her vulva has been getting looser lately and she has been getting fat(ter) also. So anyway, I looked under her tail today and noticed some discharge in and around her vulva.
Is it normal for pregnant goats to have discharge this early?

Last edited:
Are you sure about the breeding date, a little over two months into pregnancy there really isn't many signs, it's not until the last month that you start to see things. You can also gently first bump the kids, I think it's the right side.

Are you sure about the breeding date, a little over two months into pregnancy there really isn't many signs, it's not until the last month that you start to see things. You can also gently first bump the kids, I think it's the right side.

Actually I meant 101 days in to her pregnancy (clearly I'm not good at math!). Sorry!

A bit of discharge can be normal, as long as there's not a lot of it, yellow thick mucus type discharge can be sign that labor has begun, a bit of clear discharge I wouldn't worry about.

Back
Top Bottom