Problem reporting error via BYC's Feedback System

animalsRawesome

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
I am subscribed to receive email notifications to any updates in the BST section. I got an email the other day about "ornamental ducks and pheasants!" When I clicked on the link at the bottom of the email that says "see this post," the thread didn't come up. Instead, it said:

"
Thread does not exist
There Seems to be a Problem

We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks!"

So I clicked on the link and reported the error, saying:
"Category: bug

Comments: Thread does not exist

I am using Chrome and I got an email that said there was an update. When I click where it says "see this post" on the email, it says the thread does not exist."

Then, a day or two later, I received the following email from BYC support:

"Hello,

We received the attached email and we believe you intended this to go to a different recipient. The email you received was from our automated notification system and all replies to those emails go to our support email account and not to the person who posted in the thread, article, etc. to which you were replying.

Please see the link(s) in the original message, login to our community forum, and reply to the person via our community forum system."

What do I need to do different next time? Maybe my message wasn't the most clear message in the world, but I thought that what I said when I reported the bug was sufficient to let them know what was wrong. However, they not only didn't know what was wrong, but they thought that I was trying send the message to someone else...???

Back
Top Bottom