Production red or what?

allmychickens

Just'a small town girl
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Washington
I just rescued this cockeral and I really wanna know what breed he is. He has the longest legs ive ever seen! sorry bout bad pics he didnt wanna stand still.

Just a production red with long legs?

Hatchery stock or barnyard stock red bird. Way too far off type to be considered even a poor RIR. A big ol' red cockerel is what he is. Not a thing wrong with that, if he finishes big and pretty. Do you have any plans to use him in breeding?

BTW, some cockerels simply have enormously tall legs. Sometimes, the mature rooster looks pretty normal, actually, as they grow into them.

Hatchery stock or barnyard stock red bird. Way too far off type to be considered even a poor RIR. A big ol' red cockerel is what he is. Not a thing wrong with that, if he finishes big and pretty. Do you have any plans to use him in breeding?

BTW, some cockerels simply have enormously tall legs. Sometimes, the mature rooster looks pretty normal, actually, as they grow into them.
acctually I cant keep him, when we got him we couldn't tell if he was a cockeral or puller but, we have way to many boys here :,( We need to find him a home.. He likes to free range and loves picking up bugs. He was a stray before us

Back
Top Bottom