Prolapse

Matty21

Chirping
May 14, 2023
Hello all I’m now on day 10 of my chicken that prolapsed whilst laying a softie finally last night I got it to stay In well she did a bit well she is pooping and not straining it out. I tried to stop her laying even though she did Wednesday and bled a fair bit but quickly stopped she’s eating drinking and enjoying a little stretch of the legs in the garden. In the main coop I have 34 girls when will it be safe to take her back? She’s currently at home at the minute but I’m worried she’s gonna lay a egg to soon and do damage again i have a section in the run available for sectioning off that I used for new pol to quarantine them.

Hello all I’m now on day 10 of my chicken that prolapsed whilst laying a softie finally last night I got it to stay In well she did a bit well she is pooping and not straining it out. I tried to stop her laying even though she did Wednesday and bled a fair bit but quickly stopped she’s eating drinking and enjoying a little stretch of the legs in the garden. In the main coop I have 34 girls when will it be safe to take her back? She’s currently at home at the minute but I’m worried she’s gonna lay a egg to soon and do damage again i have a section in the run available for sectioning off that I used for new pol to quarantine them.
Are you giving her extra Calcium? If not, then I'd begin that and continue for a full 7 days.

How did you try to stop her from laying? It can take weeks for production to stop and she would need to be in total darkness for 16 hours a day.

If you are just now getting the prolapse to stay in, then it would be wise to monitor her for few more days to see that the tissue is being retained.

You may have to re-introduce her slowly back to the flock since she's been separated for so long, so look into a see but don't touch method of integration.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ng-from-vent-prolapse-oh-my-what-to-do.76124/

Back
Top Bottom