Pullet laying double yolks?

BlueBaby

Chick hatching addict.
8 Years
Mar 21, 2016
Someplace near Phoenix, Arizona
I have this pullet that started laying egg's about 1 1/2 month's ago. Well, for the past 2 week's, she has been laying huge double-yoked eggs like every other day. I finally discovered which pullet that's been doing it today. I know that it is supposed to be common for new layer's to lay these double-yolked egg's, but for how long will this continue? Aren't pullet's supposed to be born with the egg yolk's that she will lay in her lifetime already in her? If she keep's laying these double-yolker's every other day like this, will she run out of egg's younger in her life?

I have this pullet that started laying egg's about 1 1/2 month's ago. Well, for the past 2 week's, she has been laying huge double-yoked eggs like every other day. I finally discovered which pullet that's been doing it today. I know that it is supposed to be common for new layer's to lay these double-yolked egg's, but for how long will this continue? Aren't pullet's supposed to be born with the egg yolk's that she will lay in her lifetime already in her? If she keep's laying these double-yolker's every other day like this, will she run out of egg's younger in her life?
There is really no way to predict how long she may continue to do this, but there is absolutely no concern about her using of all of her yolks… they are born with hundreds if not thousands more than they will ever lay

There is really no way to predict how long she may continue to do this, but there is absolutely no concern about her using of all of her yolks… they are born with hundreds if not thousands more than they will ever lay

Thank you for your reply! I like the double egg-yolk's and I've kept those one's for myself, but I was worried about her laying so many of them like that.

I'm glad that I found this post. Thanks! One of my four pullets has laid three double-yolkers this week. I was kind of worried that the extra shell would put strain on her.

Just started a search about frequent double yolked eggs and found this post - good to know it's common in new layers! My girls started laying about 2 weeks ago and we've had a few double yolked eggs already.

Just started a search about frequent double yolked eggs and found this post - good to know it's common in new layers! My girls started laying about 2 weeks ago and we've had a few double yolked eggs already.

Right after I had first posted about it she had layed a couple more of them, and then started laying normal eggs.

Back
Top Bottom