Pullet or Cockerel? Golden Comet hen x Gray Silkie roo

Lesleyhg

Songster
6 Years
Dec 17, 2016
Daytona Beach
This is peep. His mom was a Golden Comet, and dad was a Gray silkie roo. Raccoons got his parents but my awesome Americauna has raised him. Initially, because he is white, I thought he was a roo. However, peep doesn't crow and I see no tail feathers like a roo. Peep is just over 16 weeks old. Pullet or cockerel? Either way, we are keeping Peep.

Attachments

• 20210824_101427.jpg
    20210824_101427.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210824_101414.jpg
    20210824_101414.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 25
Was going to say pullet, but then changed my mind. If father was a silkie and mother was a Comet, then this bird should be melanistic sexlinked. Looks like it has light shanks and beak. Does it have light skin? (look under the wings). I am holding out my opinion until I see better photos of comb and saddle area. 😊
I am so sorry you lost the parents.🙁

This is peep. His mom was a Golden Comet, and dad was a Gray silkie roo. Raccoons got his parents but my awesome Americauna has raised him. Initially, because he is white, I thought he was a roo. However, peep doesn't crow and I see no tail feathers like a roo. Peep is just over 16 weeks old. Pullet or cockerel? Either way, we are keeping Peep.
Pullet. Better pictures could help, but I am fairly certain.

Back
Top Bottom